Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my latest jag its a manual 3.0 ltr indianapolis x type finished in altraviolet, as its a limited edition model just woundering how limited they are! was it say 500 or produced in the thousands, i know from the orignal sales brochure they were availible in three colours silver,black & ultraviolet. 2.5cc & 3.0 manual. cost option automatic & boot 6cd changer cost option. or does anybody have a jaguar contact who may know the answer.

· Registered
1,689 Posts
I don't know the answer.

If it were me selling such a model, I would incorporate the famous number that goes with the famous Indianapolis name.

I'm probably completely wrong and look forward to being corrected.

Dan.

· Registered
256 Posts
To be honest Laz you do not see these for sale all that often! I have seen a few "dressed up" with the seller saying it is an Indy spec, but the genuine cars are a bit of a rarity on the sales side. As for the production run, not sure as to the final number made, No doubt Buck will know more than I on this. If it's a clean, well maintained example it will retain a little more value than most models, but as always, any car is only worth what you can get for it on the day! Post some pics up Laz as interested to see how it looks.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been doing a little detective work in to the rarity of the jaguar x type indianapolis, with some help from the jagaur daimler heritage trust. well worth a visit to see a fine display of jaguar cars and other jaguar memoribillia. on speaking to a jagaur archivist, here's the following information i have.

Total production run of limited edition models are = 401

ebony ( black ) = 124
platinum ( silver ) = 123
ultraviolet ( blue ) = 154
above is a breakdown of the colours. below is transmission/c.c
96 = 2.5 automatic
50 = 3.0 automatic
70 = 3.0 manual
185 = 2.5 manuals

· Registered
2,322 Posts
laz said:
Total production run of limited edition models are = 401
That's worldwide? I remember seeing the Indianapolis model in Australia too...
401 is already pretty small numbers, but if a big percentage when o/s, then you'd have something even rarer...?

· Registered
17,778 Posts
Great place the JDHT
Looking at a book I have which has production figures it doesnt state what these were for the Indianapolis (2002-2003)
However it does say they were available in 3 paint colours (had always though only Indigo),have Indianapolis 18" 5 spoke wheels,body coloured spoiler/moulds/grill surrounds and a mesh insert,mottled effect maple veneering,alcantara centres on seats and leather sides and door centre trims,stiffer front seat bolsters,horizontal pleating,centre armrest with cupholders,sport leather clad aerated steering wheel,drivers seat 4 way adjust,passenger seat height adjust,front only electric windows,auto climate control with digital screen,single slot cd player,sports leather/alloy gearknob,warm charcoal upper facia with flint carpets.

· Registered
31 Posts
We almost bought one about 5 months ago, I'm sure it was a genuine car too, spoke to the dealer, not a Jag dealer more of a car sales showroom 10 miles away, wife decided it was too 'flash' for her to ride in so we didn't go to see it! about £3300 was the asking price if I remember correctly, doubt its still there now but I'll have a look.

I'm still more than happy with the one I did buy though...

We'll have to visit JDHT by the sound of it, will be first time for me, I'll Google the place.

John.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts