Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
having trouble with bank 1 i.e. Lean mix on bank 1 thinking of changing the injectors
petrol injectors on my 3.0 v6 if replaced are thay plug and play or do thay need to ba coded to the car
any advice to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated
thanks mike

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Its nice to hear of someone finding their own answers, :-D well done.
Just for your information I believe it is just the Diesel injectors that have to be coded.

Roger

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had it converted to lpg ,only had the problems on petrol (lean mix and misfires) witch told me the spark ignition side was fine witch left injectors or the electrical systems that controlled them so I picked three second hand injectors from eBay up to now my choice pays off

·
Registered
290 Posts
Its nice to hear of someone finding their own answers, :-D well done.
Just for your information I believe it is just the Diesel injectors that have to be coded.

Roger
I would agree with Roger. The only time a car of mine has ever been fixed without application of spanner or screwdriver was when my diesel M***** (same engine) went limp on me & the dealership recoded the injectors. Apparently one of them had 'forgotten its identity'. Poor lamb!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.