Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this flashy new code reader, which appears to show everything as great except one. The internal temperature sensor is apparently faulty. I have to say that currently I have experienced no problems. Should I worry come winter? Hate to wake up in November with a frosty work drive.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
well depending on what sensor you mean, if its the one that samples the air from inside the car, then it only is used to maintain the temprature on the air con, it'll still blow hot, just the auto function will keep the fans at full wack forever

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Thanks that appears to be the fault. I will experiment a bit more. Touch wood it is the only fault really. Great car. Still trying to work out why some are so cheap.
they're so cheap for a number of reasons,
  1. Discontinued models are always less popular (there are exceptions obviously)
  2. Younger drivers prefer AUDI A4's/BMW 3 Series over the X Type, mainly because ironically the Audi BMW are more of a status symbol, when my missus had an Audi A3, she used to get loads of "ooo you've got a really nice car", which was funny because it was a bucket of bolts! All i used to get was, "why do you have a grandads' car?"
  3. Older drivers tend to buy more brand new cars, because they have more expendable income.

but it just means more bargains for us.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
The air 'sampler' sensor which is behind the little grill on the lower dash can get clogged with dust. Give it a clean and stick the vacuum on it to suck any dirt and dust out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.