Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new to this so forgive me if I dont give you all the info first time. I have a 5 year old 2.7 diesel Automatic twin turbo Jaguar. Hadno problems ever until now. Was driving along the road head a big knock underneath and the car slowed down to a stop. Had to get the AA to tow me to a garage. Jaguar had it for 20 mins and said I would need a new engine as it wouldnt start. The gear stick moves but they say they would have to take it to bits to find out what was wrong and they would recommend me getting a new engine which would cost me £9,000 for supply and fit !!! Single woman, blonde, did they see me coming or is the the case? I cannot get to work now and will soon lose my job if I dont get this car fixed or have to find myself an alternative. They said it would be best scrapped for about £200
The car has £60,000 miles on it and until now never had a problem. Im now carless, nearly job less and devasted. Live in Newcastle upon Tyne and ideas? The crankshaft is seemingly ceized. Is it worth me trying to get the gearbox and engine out to see if I can see what part is broken? The tork convertor bolts on the fly wheel need to be un done to remove the gearbox but the crankshaft wont move ??? How do I get gearbox out and how do I get the catalitic convertors off to remove the gearbox as I cant get to the bolts with a spanner. Im trying to do this by myself with a set of ramps and a cd off the internet. God Im trying to save my car and job any ideas??

G

·
thats bad if the crank has seized, could have thrown a bearing or anything, not too sure about the s type but you could try eurojag in darlington for a replacement engine and advice, been there myself and its a jaguar dismantlers with all makes of jaguar in (eurojag,sovereign house,neasham road,hurworth moor,darlington,co durham,dl2 1qh, 01325 722777), they do all parts including full engines and gearboxes. worth a try would be a lot cheaper if a replacement engine is needed. some other forum members might know of somewhere in newcastle that might be recommended, not sure of if eurojag is open over this bank holiday but i hope this helps.

G

·
you are welcome, not sure if they will be open but its worth a try, if they are not open it will be wednesday. ive always found them very helpfull when ive been in, and considering all they do is break jags for spares im sure they will be able to give you some info.they might even be able to give some suggestions that may not require a new engine but just replacement parts.

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
There is an excellent Jag specialsit called Jagtech if you can get your car to Stockton (just off the A19).
Ex dealer, Jag trained,latest up to date diagnostic and dealer level equipment and only £40/hr
I have used them for 6 years and they know Jags inside out, use them for my 2.7d
There is also also another Jaguar parts place in Peterlee (just off A19) called Jaguar Spares NorthEast who sell clean off the shelf new and used parts...more here
www.jaguarspares-northeast.co.uk
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.