Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I press the button on the right of the centre console to demist and it starts making noise and illuminates the heated screen buttons, but the air doesn't start flowing for a few minutes - is this normal (2009 xkr)

· Registered
1,457 Posts
If starting from cold I'd guess the system is warming up a bit, otherwise it would blow icy cold air at you. My XJ40 did this and it seemed very clever.

My XK climate control is slightly odd in that it gets noticebaly over-warm or over-cold for a while, unlike any others I've known. Maybe the thermostat has fluff in it?

· Registered
51 Posts
I press the button on the right of the centre console to demist and it starts making noise and illuminates the heated screen buttons, but the air doesn't start flowing for a few minutes - is this normal (2009 xkr)
This is quite normal.

There's no point blowing air onto the windscreen if it's not at a higher temperature than the screen.

· Registered
108 Posts
If starting from cold I'd guess the system is warming up a bit, otherwise it would blow icy cold air at you. My XJ40 did this and it seemed very clever.

My XK climate control is slightly odd in that it gets noticebaly over-warm or over-cold for a while, unlike any others I've known. Maybe the thermostat has fluff in it?
Could be the aspirator motor in the dash (left of the steering column) is seized or has just had its fan pulled off for being noisy.

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Could be the aspirator motor in the dash (left of the steering column) is seized or has just had its fan pulled off for being noisy.
Many thanks, I'll ask the garage to check tomorrow :)

· Registered
993 Posts
The interior temperature in my 07 XKR gets a lot warmer than I would like on the way to work in the mornings before the climate control finally switches to a more sensible output temperature. I tried changing the aspirator and other than getting rid of the hum the old one made I saw no difference. Wouldn't hurt to try though as they are quite cheap and easy to change yourself.

· Registered
3,108 Posts
The interior temperature in my 07 XKR gets a lot warmer than I would like on the way to work in the mornings before the climate control finally switches to a more sensible output temperature. I tried changing the aspirator and other than getting rid of the hum the old one made I saw no difference. Wouldn't hurt to try though as they are quite cheap and easy to change yourself.
Mine does this, but only for a minute or so whilst the car is warming up. I just accept it as normal behaviour.

· Registered
993 Posts
My X350 didn't doing it and I am hoping my new '10 XKR won't when I get it in the next week or so but I am not very optimistic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.