Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
On mine the parking sensors switch on when you engage reverse, however if I want to switch them on manually there is a button at the back of the roof light cluster. When you push it a red led lights up and the sensors are on. I have both front and rear on my estate, so it's handy being able to switch them on without engaging reverse.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You only get the button in the roof console if you have both front & rear sensors.
If you've only got rear then there is no button to turn them off, but it would be possible to;

a. wire in a separate switch
b. retrofit a roof console with the switch

Just depends on how badly you want to shut them up....

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
If you want to disable them semi permanently, like for towing, pull the connector off to the module in the boot.
You can always plug them in again later.

I did this as I had a motorbike rack attached to my towbar, though the sensors didn't pick up the towbar, they did pick up the bit of the rack that was always bolted to it.
It's now been replaced by a little bike trailer and the dedicated wiring kit I fitted cuts off the sensors once the lighting board plugs into the socket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.