Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly had my car for a year and i have to admit i am glad i changed from the S type to the XJ.Its a 2.7d 2006 Silver.Since i have had it i have had some things done bushes for one thing but the car is really good.I was wondering would you guys class your Jag as a good one or a Lemon for which you had no end of problems with it.I wonder why some cars have lots of problems and some dont.I expect its due to how you look after it what do you guys think.?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like mine so would call it a good one. Dont get me wrong, it's had some issues, but dont all cars??!? Air suspension warning every now and then etc etc but sat for 4 hours last week on the M25, then 3 hours on the M4 and M5 and it was a pleasure to be in (and it averaged 31 mpg!). I was filling up the other day and someone wandered over to look at it, you dont get that too often with other cars!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Love it so will no doubt spontaneously combust later in the garage.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Mine is certainly not a lemon, but I have had issues with rear suspension bushes, and corrosion shortly after I bought the car. Nothing much since, but I really do think ZF or Jaguar need to sort out the gearbox issues, which are all software. Sack the programmer and let a smarter bloke have a go !

Oh, and that hardy perennial, the air compressor , of course !!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I had a 2004 4.2 SE for 18 months and changed it for a 2007 XJR and now in its 3rd year of ownership. Both cars had erratic rear sun blind operations, but that's something one never uses. Apart from renewing the brakes..... totally problem free. Best car ever owned !

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I've had a few small minor issues but there again I'd expect the same from any car. Only 1 annoying thing and thats a squeaky belt when it's cold or damp. Apart from that I'm very pleased with the car. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love my XJR, again there have been minor issues and one very exspensive one with hoses, matrix etc. But I've covered 60k in her now and she is spectacular and the mpg just gets better and better !

·
Registered
170 Posts
Maybe I'm still in the first blush stage - deluded, perhaps - but my TDVi is just superb. Love it! I have owned four Jags, over a period of 20 years, and this one is the best, by far. So far...

Kim
07 XJ TDVi Midnight Black/Camel
Sydney Australia

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been a bit disappointed that s many expensive repairs have been necessary due to cheap part failures or poor design. In 30 months I have had diff seals go twice (£350 each time); DPF forced regeneration because a £12 sensor failed (£495); both cats cracked at engine joint, would have been £1800 but I picked up 2 second-hand cats for £600 (£890 altogether); and now I have an intermittant EGR warning which is a £450 repair. If I had paid £45k for this car I would be seriously p'ed off. Its lovely to drive though and I am averaging 35 mpg overall.

·
Registered
538 Posts
well i know this tempts fate but the XJ (X358) is the best car I have ever owned, much better than the s type I had , now owned since 2008, odd issue under warranty one restricted performance that has not returned so far and lots of effortless driving with great economy drove back from north Wales yesterday and car showed 47.6mpg on the trip at the end of the journey ( there was a lot of 50mph driving on the M62 roadworks)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.