Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always slightly anxious on MOT day..... I always worry some stupid bush is going to ruin my day.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Fingers crossed for you , I'm sure she'll be fine me old fruit stick :)

There are obviously a few usual suspect bushes that can wear , nothing major on these as a rule though.

I think MOT testers probably like to see something out of the norm , which these clearly are underneath.

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
Beaming positive thoughts across the Pennines.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Thinking good thoughts and shooting them your way too mate

She'll be fine

PMA

Jim

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
When I had my car serviced at the new Crewe Jaguar dealership, (they're very good BTW), the suspension bushes were all checked and I was told the offside rear had slight play, but would be OK for an MOT and so it was as this didn't even come up as an advisory. Head technician told me these bushes tend to develop a little play and then don't get worse for a long time. Can it be we replace these things too early ?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
When I had my car serviced at the new Crewe Jaguar dealership, (they're very good BTW), the suspension bushes were all checked and I was told the offside rear had slight play, but would be OK for an MOT and so it was as this didn't even come up as an advisory. Head technician told me these bushes tend to develop a little play and then don't get worse for a long time. Can it be we replace these things too early ?
My MOT man was always telling me that too.
Interesting that my X308 was never pulled up for any play whatsoever.
A rare bird according to my tester......

Phil.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slight play in rear offside bush & rear brake pads wearing thin.

Apart from that...... Pass! Hooray

·
Registered
889 Posts
A rare bird and a stupid bush both in the same thread!!

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You do have a very good dealership there in Crewe , the Audi dealership is top notch as well.

I frequent Crewe quite often - Many friends and family there , also been in the Jag dealership a couple of times.

In 2016 , Crewe Audi sourced me a new model R8 , 3 months in advance of Milton Keynes Audi's earliest possible delivery,
It was promptly driven from Crew Audi to MK Audi to show them that they were available a bit further up the road !
Shortly after more important test driving for a few more days , it was then delivered to its new owner in Aylesbury :)
It was a good business opportunity with the waiting lists , people pay obscene amounts to own these before the next person can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.