Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done the deal so looking forwards to seeing what sort of mods there is for the car along with any hints and tips for repairs etc :D

PS what does the R badge mean I thouht only the s type had the R???

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
There's not really any engine mods for the petrol engines, as yours is a sport then you already have sport suspension. You can retrofit certain items, such as sat nav or auto-fold mirrors for example though. The R badge means nothing I'm afraid, someones just bought it and stuck it on. I wouldn't bother modifying it anyway, just enjoy the V6 and Jaguar smoothness.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
You can also retrofit cruise control if it does not have it already :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies gents .
Your right about the V6 its sooooo smooth and has a lot of power.
To top it all off my insurance has dropped by about £200 quid ;) ! I was driving a 2.2 diesel with less BHP!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
What were you driving before? Post some pics of your Jag when you can :)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Bit of a step-up to the X-Type then :p

Strange about the insurance, I guess the Signum is an rare bird so maybe that's the reason.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not too sure about the step up yet. my hed says it is but my heart says its not Ill seee if I can post a picture of the old girl

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you go onto the Vectra c / Signum owners club forum and look for signum-steve (Me) There's pictures in my garage there, Its a lovely looking car IMO

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny I went from a Vec b (2.5 SuperTouring) to a Jag 2.2d sport, only thing I miss is the sound of the v6.
I'm going from a diesel to a V6 petrol I hope I dont regret the increase in the fuel bill. I'm hoping to settle around 25mpg with the jag is this a bit optimistic?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure about that, only thing I've heard on here is there ain't much differance between 2.5 & 3ltr ones. 25 mpg is what my v6 got most of the time, unless I started to press the go peddle to much then I didn't even bother looking to see what it was getting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I suppose if your worried about the cost of fuel then a 2.5 V6 ain't the engine to go for. I'm going for it so only time will tell!

·
Registered
866 Posts
22.6 average showing on speedo readout, for short commute, maybe 5 miles, plus longer trips weekend, that's for the year we have had our auto 2.5 sport. My local garage suggests checking all hoses, fuel, air, vacuum, 'cos they go brittle with this age of car..watch out on this if you change spark plugs

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've had my 3 litre auto for 4 years now and I'm now averaging 26MPG in that time, I don't do a lot of stop start motoring though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the info gents. Today is the day I pick her up :eek:
No I don't..........Ive just had a call off the dealer saying that they were sorting the rear brake out and could not get the alloy off. locking nut broke. They sorted that and then the alloy was stuck to the hub so they tried to shock it off and cracked the wheel. Soooooo a new set of lock wheel nuts and a new alloy is on order. This could take up to two weeks they tell me......

·
Registered
866 Posts
Failing locking wheel nuts on X Types is not uncommon, alloys sticking to hubs is not uncommon on any car, and brake discs sticking to hubs is not uncommon on any car. One of the first jobs I did on our car was to make sure all wheels and discs came off......just in case. As it turned out this was not a roadside job, and if the car had a puncture while my wife was driving then it would have been inconvenient to say the least

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello my 2.5 manual is steady at 30.1 MPG that's with plenty of right foot and 6 mile to work and back a day and some longer trips 40mile at the weekends, in the winter when it's cold it'll drop to about 24-26, the air-con is on all the time even winter, when you get used to driving it and learn when the power is really delivered they go far better than some believe. I don't think that's too bad considering the performance and the size engine, my 1.8 Ford Focus wouldn't do that much more with alot less performance.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Congratulations .... Well done.... I still get a buzz out of driving my 2.5SE.... Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.