Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Duke,

Planning on being there for 0845, there being Gaydon.

Love to chat but I'm researching Disco Air compressor issues and it's sadly pointing to a new one needed.

MOT at end of August which I had hoped to dodge, but my new car still ain't being built yet.

3rd weekend straight working on a car for me and I've still to wash em at some point.

Reactions: restorer

·
Registered
731 Posts
Duke,

Planning on being there for 0845, there being Gaydon.

Love to chat but I'm researching Disco Air compressor issues and it's sadly pointing to a new one needed.

MOT at end of August which I had hoped to dodge, but my new car still ain't being built yet.

3rd weekend straight working on a car for me and I've still to wash em at some point.
I understand your involvement with Disco research so put this for your later consideration;

Any suggested meet up place/time before Gaydon, or shall just lurk around the entrance area until you appear? Or just see you inside?

·
Premium Member
2006 XK Convertible 4.2 N.A., Indigo Blue over Ivory/Slate Blue
338 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Chatting with Rich this morning over a brew and we will pitstop at Warwick Services from 8.45 onwards.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Registrations of Supercharged Jaguars are steaming towards 300 for Supercharged Saturday this weekend!
If you have not registered to bring your supercharged Jaguar please do so now using the email in the poster below. Non-supercharged cars do not need to register, simply turn up.
Owners of Supercharged cars will be sent a sheet to print and put in the windscreen to identify them and will be parked by model designation. To guarantee a place in the Supercharged area please ensure you arrive between 9-10am.
IMPORTANT !!! For those in non-supercharged Jaguars please do not arrive until after 9.30am (unless you are helping with parking) as we will be busy enough with the supercharged cars and wish to avoid queues.
There will be two Live Arena sessions commencing at 11am and 1pm. There are lots of stunning cars going through the arena and the owners will be interviewed by experts, Martin Joyce and Andy Stodart, both former project Engineers at Jaguar and both involved with supercharging development.
We could well have 500 Jaguars at this event. It's going to be huge, great fun and spectacular!

Font Parallel Logo Brand Graphics

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Getting close now and it looks as if the weather is gonna be great.

300 Supercharged Jags!!!!!!

It's to be hoped ER haven't got wind of The Gathering.

Friday will be prep day for me.

See you all there,

Rich

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Is everybody doing the museum? I went last time and it wont have changed a lot. Im thinking save the £14.50 and take a lawn chair

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Supercharged Jag owners should go Commando :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Is everybody doing the museum? I went last time and it wont have changed a lot. Im thinking save the £14.50 and take a lawn chair
It's a tenner FC if you follow the links Peter put up a couple of pages back.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,695 Posts
The indoor sausage baps are nicer than the outdoor ones. And the coffee is better too.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
The indoor sausage baps are nicer than the outdoor ones. And the coffee is better too.
I object to the payment of the entry if the sausage and coffee is all you want to pay for.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Careful there FC... My objecting to paying hefty, discounted or even any admission for a mere butty purchase caused severe ructions among the True Believers a few months back. But this time, I will be seeing the museum for the first time. My chum John who you met at Duxford will be with me, as will Her Purpleness Madame Moutarde.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
I have never paid to go into the Cafe should I have done?
This would be a splendid solution and i have enquired of Rich if this were possible, he remains steadfast its double bubble for the butty if thats all you want.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Careful there FC... My objecting to paying hefty, discounted or even any admission for a mere butty purchase caused severe ructions among the True Believers a few months back. But this time, I will be seeing the museum for the first time. My chum John who you met at Duxford will be with me, as will Her Purpleness Madame Moutarde.
Careful for the most part is my nature, the ructions, while i was mainly oblivious and have not followed the build up closely, was it not a two way street that event. No matter now,it might as well be last year.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Sun shining and finished work for the weekend yesterday lunch time the preparations have begun. Wheels and engine bay done,fluids checked and a huge pizza sorted for tea time tomorrow, Captain Envelope arrives circa 4.30pm. Will be washing the bodywork tomorrow aft.

My neighbour had a caller, rather orange with the enhancments that are all the rage at the moment, Great Scott! i was frightened.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,695 Posts
I spend more on fuel getting to Gaydon (no, not "Garden" you wilfully stupid machine!) than I do on entering the museum, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

... but I am a nearly retired pauper for a reason, it is because I am not as "careful" as some with my pennies.

61 - 80 of 153 Posts