Jaguar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I normally do go around the Museum I think I may have accidentally ended up in the Cafe once or twice after using the toilets. Does seem a bit strange preventing people buying sausages and buns unless they are forced to purchase a Museum ticket. Must be costly to run I expect and I suggest if you have anything left to spend do it now before it disappears in the next few years into thin air

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
In all honesty, I ain't got a clue whether the cafe and its facilities require a museum entrance fee to be paid, ne'er give it a thought.

Allus rocked up, paid mi brass and enjoyed whatever, this will be my 4th visit.

FC has a point and perhaps Peter could enlighten, if you've no wish to revisit either museum to look, preferring to stay outside, what facilities are normally available, outside?

It would be counterproductive if they blocked someone, getting a breakfast or butty and then purchasing some Jag Tat from the shop, just because they hadn't bought museum entrance.

Right, enough blather, prep to do, see you all tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Im ready to travel, did the standard quick wash with the exhaust tips as a bonus item

Fueled up,garden chairs on board,drone charged up and a shandy in my hand.Steve is due in an hour for beers and pizza

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
We are up, poached eggs have been and gone, Rich will be here in 20

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
A great day out capped off by an unmarked 3 series less than a mile from home,worse is Stats came past as i was in the back of the cop car. Will try to lift some footage from the dash cam tomorrow .

·
Premium Member
23,031 Posts
A great day out capped off by an unmarked 3 series less than a mile from home,worse is Stats came past as i was in the back of the cop car. Will try to lift some footage from the dash cam tomorrow .
Oops:(

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Lol, i will post up the footage and let you decide how many books to throw at me.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ffs! We touched on this subject earlier today. Gutted for you.:cry:

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
I absolutely deserved the pull,lets see what the NIP says when it arrives.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Need to pull the lead weights out of your brogues ;)

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Had an excellent day. Met FC, Captain Envelope, Orsom Weels, and J777STP, who very kindly passed me the XKR brake discs. For which a favour will be paid forward to a deserving cause connected to Jags.

As for the museum, a fabulous collection and buildings - far too much to take in - it was like drinking from a firehose. But some ideas and inspiration for the 1/43 equivalent. They have a few Jags still missing from my own collection, eg the TWR XJ-S and the C-X75.

Especially liked the close-up access to the exhibits, nothing roped off, nor any being overpoliced by jobsworths. .

·
Registered
731 Posts
If the NIP is printed in blood-red it may be time to worry. As long as the judge doesn’t put a black cloth on top of his wig as he prepares to deliver the sentence….😉

·
Premium Member
23,031 Posts
At least you’ve owned up to it straight off the bat. (y)

81 - 100 of 153 Posts