Jaguar Denso SatNav DVD Drive Cleaning/Tune Up

Barry W

Reaction score
All of the Jag Denso DVD Fibre Optic units will fit X Type and an S Type, the last two letters are the various revisions and updates, the further down the alphabet on the last letter the younger the unit from memory.

bumbliwa

Reaction score
Thanks so much Barry W for your reply to my last inquiry. I did find a used DVD drive at very reasonable cost that solved the problem for now. Since I never use the SAT/NAV function, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried just pulling the disc out and driving like that since the DVD drive's failure to read the disc seems to cause problems? It would seem if the drive isn't spinning that one might encounter fewer problems in the long run. Thanks so much again for any response......

Barry W

Reaction score
My understanding is that the drive powers all audio to the Head including CDC, CD and Voice if you have it...having said that, try it, you have nothing to lose.
Incidentally the DVD drive on the S Type is from 2002, previously I think they had an non Fibre Optic system.

bumbliwa

Reaction score
Thanks again Barry W for your post. I tried running the NAV drive with no disc and the system works fine. Hopefully silencing all the moving parts in the unit will extend its life!

Barryjspiers

Reaction score
Don’t suppose anyone knows how to get a dvd disc out of the unit that won’t eject it?

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
You can do it with a plastic flat blade and a bit of fiddling, though it is better to remove the cover to gain better access.