Jaguar F-Pace / MY21 / Pivi Pro OS 3.0.0 / finally here

idrobbo

Reaction score
Have a look here, also consider joining the Facebook group mentioned (if you use FB), as that has lots of good info from time to time.

I didn't have wireless before, but once the 3.0 update happened it just worked. I'm sure I have seen somewhere that it remembers what you were using last trip and reverts to that. I did manage the other day to switch between the 2 versions of navigation (i.e. Jaguar & Waze over carplay) but can't quite recall how, I was driving at the time and a little preoccupied.

idrobbo

Reaction score
If you’re still on that then your CarPlay is still via the module you have, so not sure how it interfaces. 3.0 rolled out here starting around early December ish. No idea of any timetable, I doubt they publish one as people might expect them to keep to it. I think you also have to have a further update to 2.7.1 first.

I would suggest contacting Jaguar Customer Relations on jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com and asking them what’s happening.

Reaction score
So I have auto download on all updates but there is no information with them or available on the jaguar sites.
I have spoken to the dealers but they struggle with the day of the week and I end up explaining things to them.Still cant find out who does roadside service and emergency.They told to use the number and ask! Better still when I did no one answered!!!
So I have found my own work around for wireless apple carplay when I got the F pace in May given my wifr gloating over the wirelss in her mini.I got a little adapter for @£100 and plugged it into one of the ports.It paired immediately and has been seamless since.
Recently however it has given pairing optionsI have chosen the adapter as I am not sure what the other option is.Tried to find out online but no luck.Saw German video but not sure if same here.
Were you using a wireless system in this car prior to the update?.if so how did you switch.?
I can probably work it all out sitting in the car going through the menus for a couple of hours but i tire of that these days.
I was told i could update to car play with my XF only to be told much later after reference back to england that only some cars could and my portfolio(with al the fruit) was not one of them!!
So I hope someone can give me a definitive way to know .clearly my car does carplay( wired) and dies wireless with an adapter
Hi jasz1156,

I had not used an external tool for Android Auto or Apple Car Play before.

It looks like you also have a F-Pace MY21 like me.
Probably you will get the update to OS 3.0.0 soon too.
For me, the updates are downloaded automatically.
They are only installed when I say they should be installed.

Greetings
Chris

jasz1156

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hi jasz1156,

I had not used an external tool for Android Auto or Apple Car Play before.

It looks like you also have a F-Pace MY21 like me.
Probably you will get the update to OS 3.0.0 soon too.
For me, the updates are downloaded automatically.
They are only installed when I say they should be installed.

Greetings
Chris
Having had 2 XJ 351 AND AND XF 2018 I have got used to the vagaries of the Jaguar infotainment. In control worked fine as long as you stuck with bluetooth . It was when you try to update to car play that the problems start.
I am perfectly happy with my adapter for pivi pro wireless CarPlay which is the size of a memory stick and stays in centre console.
if you want complexity the tv systems in my 2015 x351 was the high point.What with wireless headphone and regional dvd or tv standards it’s a box of birds.I see they are still rolling them out in the new LandRover.
Given the quality limitations of Bluetooth it seems any quality stereo will still require a memory stick anyway.

jasz1156

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Well the update came live here on the 15 th January and I’ve been using for over a week .
Firstly it seems stable and reliable .Each time I start up it auto connects within 30 or so seconds.
It also seems to remember your last preferences such as using in car navigation( I have turn by turn on driver screen and radio ).
I have about 10 apps showing up so the same as with direct plug in or my work around wireless car play. it has Siri call and message read so same as my adaptor and overall functionality of wireless adaptor I was using.
The main difference is in look with plainer screens . Seems less photo power on albums etc I Spotify compared to plug in. This is a matter of taste but it appears they have used less complexity to improve speed. Whatever it works better than the one on the bmw mini!
Overall this has been a great update and I am growing to like the plainer set out in apps. The apple car play tiles are the same.
The huge advantage of this over others I have seen to date is the ability to seamlessly use the best of car play and in car and pick and mix.
So with car play up you can still push tile on bottom right for in car( ie seat heating etc) while still playing Spotify. There are also direct buttons for navigation so you can toggle car play guidance to in car.
Well done Jaguar ! I think we are getting close to the game changer Privilege pro was supposed to be. Let’s just hope Jag can get the cpus to make them!