JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Install)

mayapi

Reaction score
Hello dear X type friends,

i am french, so excuse me in advance for my english (not so bad).

@TheMindBuddah

I have a W10 laptop, is it can be install on ?

What sort of mongoose i need to buy and where i can find that on ebay?

Please help, im stuck with injector , i have to diagnose and reprogram surely the new ones.

CozyDave

Reaction score
SDD Module Communication Issues

Hi, after many hours of reading and re-installed JLR SDD s/w (V160) + windows 10 + MongoosePro (most likely a Chinese copy) with DrewTech drivers, I finally managed to connect to my 2008 XKR and automatically read the vin number. Given the many issues already published by others and the time taken to get to this point, I took stock and had a beer before continuing!

I than ran an SDD session and was given the message - SDD reconfiguring for legacy car and then was delighted to see the standard SDD menu. I then ran the service option and awaited the report on the various CAN buses. At this point the screen returned (See attached pdf) the correct vin number and ticks in most of the CAN_HS row but alas crosses and a few <?> in the CAN_MS row, I did a few cycles of the ignition and click on specific modules - then hit refresh, but all in vain as nothing seems to bring them to communicate and return a green tick. It should be noted that there are no known faults with the car other that the drivers seat which needs to be re-calibrated due to the rather laid back position I am currently forced to adopt when driving, hence this journey!

I then ran the recommendation - "network integrity check', this returned information and ticks for the CAN_HS but nothing for the CAN_MS other than crosses and/or exclamation marks.

From recommendations (thanks to others trials and tribulations) I then went old school and downloaded V130 from the links in this post and ran this s/w within a virtual box as recommended, managed to get everything working and again confirmation that a mongoosePro was attached and recognised by SDD. But alas the same connection issues as with the SDD V160 mongoosePro combination. The vin number was automatically read, the car was recognised, but the same SDD module connection picture appeared (CAN_HS tick, the rest x's) I have read hundreds of forum and pieced together more information that I was bargaining for, any yet I still sit here having failed!

I note that some others have posted problems with V160 and MongoosePro not reading all the modules (mainly dealer options I think), but they seem to post that this is not a problem with older versions of the SDD s/w. Hence, is this pointing towards a duff MongoosePro or is there something else I am missing?

So in summary, I am wondering if this is a problem with the Mongoose device I have, whether you can only read the CAN-MS bus if you have a green for battery or whether there is a subtle SDD set-up issue I am missing.

Help please! if you can shed some light on this situation. Many thanks in anticipation!

PS: Donation to Guide Dogs for the blind made with thanks for all the valuable insight in this post and others.

Attachments

• Jag SDD V1_1.pdf
    523.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Jag SDD V1_2.pdf
    683.8 KB · Views: 1

CozyDave

Reaction score
This post was a repeat of the one above - so delete to save everyone reading it twice

Last edited:

EdToo

Reaction score
This won't work on windows 10. Your best option would be to run a virtual image of XP either on Hyper-v if available on your version of Windows 10 or on VMware.

The clone cables should work, mine is called Mangoose instead of Mongoose.

CozyDave

Reaction score
This won't work on windows 10. Your best option would be to run a virtual image of XP either on Hyper-v if available on your version of Windows 10 or on VMware.

The clone cables should work, mine is called Mangoose instead of Mongoose.
EdToo Hi, Thanks for your note much appreciated,

I have run SDD V160 under Windows 10 on a hp Laptop and SDD V130 based on Window XP (Virtual Machine) on a Sony Laptop with the same MongoosePro clone device, SDD recognises the device is attached (shows "MongoosePro Connected") in both SDD Windows environments.

The pdf's I included show that in both cases connection was made to the car and the VIN number was read correctly and the s/w identified the car correctly and re-configure to match it, but only the CAN_HS bus was read by the SDD s/w. This makes me wonder whether the pass through device I am using has a problem? It should also be noted that there are no fault codes being reported by the car, so I have assumed that the car must think the CAN's are working fine, despite that fact that the SDD screens show that I have no connection with with CAN_MS or Sub's, SDD confirmed that it believes there is no comms to the CAN_MS and Subs when running a network integrity check.

Also as I don't know the CAN structure for the XKR, therefore I was wondering if others have had similar issues. Are these CANs on different pins of the pass through device? I assume they run at different baud rates guessing HS - High Speed and MS is Medium Speed? What I am getting at here is - if the Mongoose passes through the CAN_HS data then should it not also by default pass through the other CANs data too? Or could there still be an issue with the device not being properly configured or damaged?

Trust this helps clarify my dilemma

melhookv12

Reaction score
Could someone advise me please. Ive downloaded v125.ova onto win10. Saved it to USB then tried to open it on my XP machine, but there's no SDD/IDS program on the stick.
It says the file size is over 10GB on the download, but theres nothing that size on the usb stick.
I think it might be the .ova file format ?