Jaguar Forum banner

Jaguar Parts Suppliers List

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  chris_1d 
#1 ·
I think it's becoming more important to have a list of alternative parts suppliers as our cars get older and Jaguar dealer stocks are running out.

Please add your suppliers.

I found First Line, a general parts supplier with a reasonable stocklist of Jaguar parts and an online catalogue.

http://www.firstline.co.uk

By Phone:
Sales: +44 (0) 1869 248 484
Technical: +44 (0) 1869 329 709
Enquiries: +44 (0) 1869 248 484

By Fax:
+44 (0) 1869 240 472

In person:
UK Customers:
First Line Ltd, Chalker Way, Banbury,
Oxfordshire, OX16 4XD
Has anyone used them, any comments?

Please add your suppliers' contacts.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the move Ian, didn't know this existed or if I should post here.

Since other Jaguar models than the S Type have the ZF 6HP26 gearbox, this info may be more useful now that this thread is in the wider forum.

Oil Expert Ltd sells the Mechatronic unit Connector Sleeve seal, the rectangular Adapter Seals and the set of 4 Tubular seals on eBay.

Mechatronix Adapter Seal:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152350239154

Mechatronix Adapter Seal and Mechatronix Tube Seals:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152797280381

Mechatronix Connector Sleeve Seal, Mechatronix Adapter Seal, and Mechatronix Tube Seals:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152797273070

Manufacturer: ZF

Part numbers (ZF):
. Mechatronic Seal Adapter ZF 6HP26: ZF number 501219952.
. ZF Auto Sealing Sleeve for BMW: ZF number 05012162723.
. Automatic Transmission Housing Seal ZF 6HP, Sealing Sleeves (4 items):
... Short sleeve 0734 317 370 - 2 pieces
... Average sleeve 0734 317 371 - 1 piece
... Long sleeve 0734 317 372 - 1 piece

Oil Expert also sell the Sump filter alone, no bolts or sleeve or fluid:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152349730117

ZF Part Number: 0501 216 243
Manufacturer: ZF

Note: "ZF Auto Sealing Sleeve for BMW" is the same for Jaguar too. This is the Connector Sleeve seal.

For the braver owner they also sell a ZF 6HP26 Overhaul kit.

This one is for BMWs:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152491296839

:!: IMPORTANT :!:

There may be minor differences on some parts so always check with them first for Jaguar compatibility if it's not stated, through eBay or by email to: shop@oilexpert.co.uk

And there are other sources too of course.

#5 ·
Not a generally helpful lot outside the S Type forums, are you chaps? :(

I'm sure you can do better for your fellow members, or are you as stuck up your own until you are desperate for help as Merc owners I've experienced?

#6 ·
I recommend this Jaguar second parts supplier to people as they will go that extra mile to help you.
I have been there and found them a really pleasant, polite and friendly bunch.
They are based at.
Unit 6 Belfield Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire DE78DU
Give them a try I feel that you will be happy.

#7 ·
#9 ·
First line supply a lot of the in-town motor factors now for suspension and steering parts , not as the value range either and are very reasonable.

I didn't realise that they sold online too , good that they keep some Borg and Beck parts too - premium quality control arm bushes and joints.

#10 · (Edited)
It just occurred to me that although most people know of Euro Car Parts (ECP), you may not know about Motor Parts Direct, who are also a motor factor.

Good prices without the daft weekly sale codes like those you need for ECP.

Go to www.mpdonline.co.uk and put in your reg.

#11 ·
We have Motor Parts Direct in Milton Keynes as well , formally Central Auto Supplies & S.T.Piercey of the 70's.

We also have Motor Serv , GSF Car Parts and a few other small outlets that have survived.

I guess most of them do online these days in order to survive.

Euro Car Parts also run under another name in the background , Discount Car Parts ......

The biggest issue with any of them is if they are able to identify the correct parts first time :)

Motor Parts Direct always want chassis number as well as reg number , they are a First Line distributor.

#12 ·
I've recently had dealings with GPC Car parts (also listed as jagbreakers on facebook) of Stoney Stanton, Liecestershire. My advice is avoid this shark at all costs!

I needed the oil cooler pipes for my 2.5 V6 S Type. After sending them diagrams of the correct parts, they told me via facebook messenger they had them in but wanted me to call them. So I called them and agreed a price and paid by debit card over the phone. The pipes were received a week later.

However they were entirely the wrong pipes, not from an S Type. I called them and they told me that they had another car coming in the following week and would send me alternatives. As I had made other enquiries and sources them, I asked for a refund and returned the pipes the same day by courier. The problem was getting the refund. I have had to resort to trading standards and even calling HMRC (VAT) and finally got a refund 2 months later. They have used all kinds of excuses from "we don't do our accounts until the end of the month" and family bereavement and then a holiday to Mexico to delay the refund. I have contacted a couple of other buyers to see if they have had problems. 2 of them have not received the items and have not received refunds. Yesterday I called them before I called trading standards and they even threatened me with a "bare knuckle fight".

My advice: steer well clear of GPC CAR PARTS also trading as JAG BREAKERS on facebook. How many others have been ripped off by these unscrupulous traders?

#14 ·
For anything Jaguar try Norfolk Prestige Auto Parts. I've just been over to pick up a replacement door lock cover and Neil took me for a tour. Warehouse upon warehouse of Jaguar/Land rover spares. Absolutely mind blown.

Happy to post out or collect and usually have ebay listings too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.