Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this old Jag for a project. It has 9000 Europe Audiophile (premium) radio and it was totally locked. I read about this problem all around internet and found a solution. There is a guy in Turkey who sells a tool that can fix Ford radio locked 13 problems. He was not sure if it works with my unit but I took the risk and bought it 'cause the connectors are similar than in Ford 5000/6000/7000 units. And it worked. Took several tries but I finally managed to unlock it.

· Registered
22,331 Posts
Hi Miuku,

Welcome to our madhouse.

Thank you, very informative.

So you had a locked radio, got a took from Turkey, and it worked.

Ok, on this great information we will send our spies to Ankara at great expense to find this gentleman who has no name, no contact, and no address.

We will then be able to buy from him (shall we give him the codename "Mustafa", what do you think??) this unknown tool, which is made of an unknown material, for an unknown price, and we will then offer it to any member who has a locked radio of the same type.

Well, that sounds very simple.

We have achieved far greater before between all of us!

Is this correct please?

I want to be certain before I send our fellows out.

I will ask Lost One, he usually gets himself back home safely, that is why we (I) have very fondly named him Lost One.

But after reading your information, I think that I am The Lost One.

Thank you, in advance, for clarifications hoped for very muchly and very fastly.

We wish you a great day today and hope to hear from you today itself.

· Registered
1,975 Posts
"PIC" chip, oscilator and a few LED's.

TT

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked and price was 55€ + p+p. 11€ to Finland. And PayPal is forbidden there so I used Western Union. His English is also even worse than mine but instructions are clear and easy to follow. He sent PDF to me after I had collected the package.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it really did, indeed. I had my doubts about this guy and no PayPal but he kept his word. He also asked me pics of my radio locked and when I got it unlocked. Now he has listed that model into his list and probably pictures too. I have a PIC developement kit reader/writer and maybe I'll try to read that pic. But I think it's protected, I would have done that if I had written that code. I have programmed bitcoin miner contollers with that programmer. I also designed my own controller. So PIC's are familiar to me.

· Registered
1,975 Posts
would have been cheaper just to get a Stereo with Code ;)

TT

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Maybe, but I want to do things my own way. And I was interested in if that tool really does work. Money is not so important if you own Jaguar(s). And I want to support a guy who has skills to programm that code. And I'm not stupid, I'm probably only guy in Finland who can unlock these radios. And I can also reprogram X-type radios 1999-2009. Different method, but I can. So this investment will pay back.

· Registered
22,331 Posts
Well done Miuku, its good to know more about you.

So which Jags do you have?

You can put it in your signature from the Profile menu and turn on the signature.

Tell us more, and if you have a photo or three?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No I'm not ritch. I got X-type 2008, and this project s-stype 1999. And Triumph Spitfire 1500. And a few more cars for my wife. She likes more tiny japanese cars. I have allways liked to repair cars. My first car was year -62 220S Mercedes. It was really cool. I chainged the engine 280 twincam. then I had to change about everything else too. Clutch, Cardan, and everything. But it was fun. It was old but it was a BMW killer. It was painted like ****, but techic was good. Sleeper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.