Jaguar Select Warranty renewal

Fraser

Reaction score
Dear CRC
On Tuesday, I was offered renewal of my Jaguar Select warranty, taken out when I bought my May 2017 XE Portfolio in January 2019 with a mileage of just over 10k miles. Since then the car has been entirely trouble free and is now on 31k miles

The fee requested for renewal is so high that I would like to write to ask somebody within the senior management of Jaguar Cars Ltd, why. The cheapest renewal is £752 for 12 months, yet RAC Warranties offer a three-year warranty policy for £760. The conditions of the two warranties seem broadly similar. I therefore asked your warranty administrators why the fee was so high, and why I couldn't get a longer time periods than 12 months.

Here is the email exchange below. Clearly they are just administrators so are unable to answer my questions. I find it difficult to believe that the Jaguar warranty renewal costs so much. Is this designed to prevent renewals ? (!!). It is so wildly higher than the RAC quotation as to beggar belief that Jaguar trust their own cars, and therefore seek to make sure they don't have to meet claims for defects and repairs.

Yours faithfully

F.F. M

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr M

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the policy pricing is set with Jaguar and the underwriters and it’s a Jaguar product, we have no information on any other 3rd party providers of warranties.

We are unable to provide the information you require. It is your choice should you wish to take out another warranty through ourselves or chose another company.

Yours sincerely

Emily Smith

Administration Department

Jaguar

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed, if you have received this email in error
please notify the sender.

Jaguar Approved Warranty Administration is a trading name of Car Care Plan Limited.
Car Care Plan Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Car Care Plan Limited
Jubilee House
5 Mid Point Business Park
Thornbury
West Yorkshire
England
BD3 7AG
Registered in England, Registration No: 850195

--------- Original Message ---------

Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Jaguar Case Reference:

Date: 31/12/20

To: jaguar@warranty-admin.com

p{margin:0}Dear Emily

Thank you for your prompt reply, but you have unfortunately not answered the question I really want an answer to: -

"Of course there may be something uniquely better in your policy than others that justifies the cost, so I invite you to tell me what it is."

Yours sincerely

F. F. M

------ Original Message ------

To: ffm

Sent: Thursday, 31 Dec, 2020 At 11:57

Subject: Jaguar Case Reference:

Dear Mr Mitchell,

Unfortunately, the renewal price is fixed and is based on the vehicle model and age. Mileage and usage is not taken into account.

If there is anything further we can help with, please let us know.

Yours sincerely

Emily Smith

Jaguar Approved Warranty Administration is a trading name of Car Care Plan Limited.

Car Care Plan Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Car Care Plan Limited

Jubilee House

Thornbury

West Yorkshire

England

BD3 7AG

Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Your car warranty is due to expire

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your e-mail inviting me to renew my Jaguar Approved Warranty taken out when I purchased the car from Crewe Jaguar in early 2019.

I have to say the renewal cost seems extremely high for a 3 1/2 year old car on 31000 miles with full service history. I am currently within a service plan at Crewe Jaguar taken out at time of purchase. This expires in May 2021 when it becomes due its second

service. I am retired and the car is not used for business or commuting and this year of Covid has seen the car little used, so since purchase I have driven it about 20000 miles. So in terms of warranty, the period is the important factor, not the mileage

I may cover, which is unlikely to exceed 15000 a year. Yet you offer no multi-year option.

I therefore decided to have a quick look on the internet for warranty policies. Just how uncompetitive is your quotation for renewal can be shown by the quotation given by the RAC Warranty quotation. I think you will agree that the RAC is hardly a fly-by-night

company. Their quote for RAC Premium Plus, their most comprehensive warranty policy is £760 against your £752, but this gives me warranty cover for 3 years against your 12 months. It seems to be broadly similar to your policy, and is based on a repairs labour

rate of £100/hr. You offer no longer period of warranty on your web pages, so I can only assume to buy your warranty over three years will cost me 3 x £752 = £2256, a really astonishing amount.

Clearly until I have taken council among the Jaguar community and the internet forums, I cannot make a decision on renewal, but so far I see nothing that would encourage me to take up your offer. At prices like yours I cannot see too many other owners taking

up your offer. Of course there may be something uniquely better in your policy than others that justifies the cost, so I invite you to tell me what it is.

Yours faithfully

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jaguar Approved Warranty" <jaguar@warranty-admin.com>

To: "Mr Mitchell" <FFM

Sent: Tuesday, 29 Dec, 2020 At 19:04

Subject: Your car warranty is due to expire

Renew your Jaguar warranty.

Dear Mr Mitchell,

Your warranty will expire on 16/02/2021.

Protect your JAGUAR XE for 12 months from £75.20* per month (10 payments).

Your Jaguar warranty includes:

• Warranty protection tailor made by Jaguar

• MOT insurance included

• Your choice of Jaguar retailer for repairs

• Optional Jaguar assistance

Your warranty cannot be renewed after your warranty expiry date.

Renewing online is quick and easy; simply enter your vehicle registration along with the below password to log in:

The Jaguar Approved Warranty Team

If you have recently purchased Jaguar Warranty or no longer own your vehicle, please ignore this message.

*Prices correct at time of send and are subject to change at any time.

Jaguar Warranty Administration is a trading style of Car Care Plan. Registered Office: Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire, BD3 7AG. Registered in England. Company No: 850 195. VAT No: 691 3798 88. Car Care Plan Limited is authorised

and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

This is a message to inform you that your vehicle warranty is due to expire. Please note that your vehicle will not be covered under warranty after this date if you choose not to purchase further cover.

Click here to unsubscribe

Last edited:

idrobbo

Reaction score
Doubt you will receive any other reply from Jaguar, they are not really interested in customer satisfaction judging by past performance. As you say there are other companies out there, from what I see on these forums I would guess about 25% renew with Jaguar, maybe 40% go elsewhere, and the rest don't bother. The latter figure will increase as the vehicle ages. One point re RAC, their labour rate is well below Jaguar's own though should be sufficient for an independent.

You may wish to remove your email and the password details from the post above.

HNY.

Fraser

Reaction score
Doubt you will receive any other reply from Jaguar, they are not really interested in customer satisfaction judging by past performance. As you say there are other companies out there, from what I see on these forums I would guess about 25% renew with Jaguar, maybe 40% go elsewhere, and the rest don't bother. The latter figure will increase as the vehicle ages. One point re RAC, their labour rate is well below Jaguar's own though should be sufficient for an independent.

You may wish to remove your email and the password details from the post above.

HNY.
Thanks, I have now updated. Jaguar senior management seem to not have a clue on their customers and their situation in the USA shows this where their reputation for unreliability is now close to unrecoverable, (like Lancia in the UK). However, I have bought an MB SLK and joined the UK MB Club, and MB seem to have just the same reputation if you read the letters page in the club magazine !

CRC@Jaguar

Reaction score
Dear CRC
On Tuesday, I was offered renewal of my Jaguar Select warranty, taken out when I bought my May 2017 XE Portfolio in January 2019 with a mileage of just over 10k miles. Since then the car has been entirely trouble free and is now on 31k miles

The fee requested for renewal is so high that I would like to write to ask somebody within the senior management of Jaguar Cars Ltd, why. The cheapest renewal is £752 for 12 months, yet RAC Warranties offer a three-year warranty policy for £760. The conditions of the two warranties seem broadly similar. I therefore asked your warranty administrators why the fee was so high, and why I couldn't get a longer time periods than 12 months.

Here is the email exchange below. Clearly they are just administrators so are unable to answer my questions. I find it difficult to believe that the Jaguar warranty renewal costs so much. Is this designed to prevent renewals ? (!!). It is so wildly higher than the RAC quotation as to beggar belief that Jaguar trust their own cars, and therefore seek to make sure they don't have to meet claims for defects and repairs.

Yours faithfully

F.F. M

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr M

Unfortunately, the policy pricing is set with Jaguar and the underwriters and it’s a Jaguar product, we have no information on any other 3rd party providers of warranties.

We are unable to provide the information you require. It is your choice should you wish to take out another warranty through ourselves or chose another company.

Yours sincerely

Emily Smith

Jaguar

Car Care Plan Limited
Jubilee House
Thornbury
West Yorkshire
England
BD3 7AG

Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Jaguar Case Reference:

p{margin:0}Dear Emily

Thank you for your prompt reply, but you have unfortunately not answered the question I really want an answer to: -

"Of course there may be something uniquely better in your policy than others that justifies the cost, so I invite you to tell me what it is."

Yours sincerely

F. F. M

To: ffm

Sent: Thursday, 31 Dec, 2020 At 11:57

Subject: Jaguar Case Reference:

Dear Mr Mitchell,

Unfortunately, the renewal price is fixed and is based on the vehicle model and age. Mileage and usage is not taken into account.

If there is anything further we can help with, please let us know.

Yours sincerely

Emily Smith

Car Care Plan Limited

Jubilee House

Thornbury

West Yorkshire

England

BD3 7AG

Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Your car warranty is due to expire

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your e-mail inviting me to renew my Jaguar Approved Warranty taken out when I purchased the car from Crewe Jaguar in early 2019.

I have to say the renewal cost seems extremely high for a 3 1/2 year old car on 31000 miles with full service history. I am currently within a service plan at Crewe Jaguar taken out at time of purchase. This expires in May 2021 when it becomes due its second

service. I am retired and the car is not used for business or commuting and this year of Covid has seen the car little used, so since purchase I have driven it about 20000 miles. So in terms of warranty, the period is the important factor, not the mileage

I may cover, which is unlikely to exceed 15000 a year. Yet you offer no multi-year option.

I therefore decided to have a quick look on the internet for warranty policies. Just how uncompetitive is your quotation for renewal can be shown by the quotation given by the RAC Warranty quotation. I think you will agree that the RAC is hardly a fly-by-night

company. Their quote for RAC Premium Plus, their most comprehensive warranty policy is £760 against your £752, but this gives me warranty cover for 3 years against your 12 months. It seems to be broadly similar to your policy, and is based on a repairs labour

rate of £100/hr. You offer no longer period of warranty on your web pages, so I can only assume to buy your warranty over three years will cost me 3 x £752 = £2256, a really astonishing amount.

Clearly until I have taken council among the Jaguar community and the internet forums, I cannot make a decision on renewal, but so far I see nothing that would encourage me to take up your offer. At prices like yours I cannot see too many other owners taking

up your offer. Of course there may be something uniquely better in your policy than others that justifies the cost, so I invite you to tell me what it is.

Yours faithfully

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jaguar Approved Warranty" <jaguar@warranty-admin.com>

To: "Mr Mitchell" <FFM

Sent: Tuesday, 29 Dec, 2020 At 19:04

Subject: Your car warranty is due to expire

Renew your Jaguar warranty.

Dear Mr Mitchell,

Your warranty will expire on 16/02/2021.

Protect your JAGUAR XE for 12 months from £75.20* per month (10 payments).

Your Jaguar warranty includes:

• Warranty protection tailor made by Jaguar

• MOT insurance included

• Your choice of Jaguar retailer for repairs

• Optional Jaguar assistance

Your warranty cannot be renewed after your warranty expiry date.

Renewing online is quick and easy; simply enter your vehicle registration along with the below password to log in:

The Jaguar Approved Warranty Team

If you have recently purchased Jaguar Warranty or no longer own your vehicle, please ignore this message.

*Prices correct at time of send and are subject to change at any time.

Jaguar Warranty Administration is a trading style of Car Care Plan. Registered Office: Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire, BD3 7AG. Registered in England. Company No: 850 195. VAT No: 691 3798 88. Car Care Plan Limited is authorised

and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

This is a message to inform you that your vehicle warranty is due to expire. Please note that your vehicle will not be covered under warranty after this date if you choose not to purchase further cover.

Click here to unsubscribe
Good morning Fraser,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that all Extended warranty policies are administered by Car Care Plan, and not by Jaguar Land Rover. Therefore, I am unable to comment on any concerns with the quote you have received. However, please be advised that the policy details would reflect the demands of the relevant market.

Should you feel unsatisfied with your quote, I would advise that you contact Car Care Plan directly to discuss your concerns.

I am sorry that I am unable to assist you further at this time.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

Fraser

Reaction score
Good morning Fraser,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that all Extended warranty policies are administered by Car Care Plan, and not by Jaguar Land Rover. Therefore, I am unable to comment on any concerns with the quote you have received. However, please be advised that the policy details would reflect the demands of the relevant market.

Should you feel unsatisfied with your quote, I would advise that you contact Car Care Plan directly to discuss your concerns.

I am sorry that I am unable to assist you further at this time.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK
Thank you Dan
What you have just said is virtually identical to what CCC told me, i.e. "Now't do do wi'us". They said that they are mere administrators, and questions of policy should be directed to Jaguar. Anway, it is clear they don't want any business as the price is grotesqely high compared to other, third party providers. Is this a good advertisement for Jaguar ? I think not, but you may differ.