Jaguar X Type GUIDE to: Fit X Type Rear Brakes. Discs & Pads.

Jomibo

Reaction score
Here is my guide on how to replace the rear discs and pads on an X Type. Mine is a 2003 3.0 Petrol model. It took me an hour per side as a rough guide for you.

Tools you will need -
Trolley jack, piece of wood, axle stand, breaker bar for wheel nuts,13 & 19mm spanners, ratchet and 13mm socket, Large hammer, Pry bar, wire brush, Caliper winding tool, copper grease, brake cleaner & couple of rags.

********THIS GUIDE IS NOW ON YOUTUBE**********

https://youtu.be/737c9yOor98

Last edited:

Fanflame

Reaction score
This is a brilliant Article Thanks so much for photographing it as this makes the job look so much more familiar and easy to do.

Fanflame

bazzer2

Reaction score
I have a 2.1 v6 model 2003, would this the same procedure

Last edited by a moderator:

Fanflame

Reaction score
Hi Bazzer,
I would assume so the procedure was really easy on my 2.2d and very similar to when I replaced my discs on an old non jag car. Just don't forget to purchased the copper lube it is great stuff"! ;)

Fanflame

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone Arrow

Reaction score
Anyone know what the large rubber bush on the rear calliper lower retaining bolt is for? My pads came with new bolts... so I've left the bush thing off for now.

Lone Arrow

Reaction score
Apparently... the large bush thing[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] is meant to stop resonating/vibration noise. (Thanks to Phil Johnson on the Facebook Jaguar Drivers Club for solving the mystery)!
[/FONT]

Stoner

Reaction score
Is it the same procedure for the front too? And do you have to get the tool are can you do it without?