Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a problem with the jaguar xf 2013 2.2 diesel. The car stood for a few days and does not start. After pressing start, all the indicators light up and no reaction. The pacemaker does not try to crank or make any noise. The message about pressing the brake to start the car normally disappears when you press the pedal. Do you have an idea what it could be? Battery replaced last year. New batteries in the remote control. the diagnostics showed an error P0 512-64 starter request circuit

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
When you press the brake pedal with the ignition on, can you get somebody to see if the brakelights are coming on, if they are not then you either need to press the brake pedal very hard until the lights come on or you may have a switch fault?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Possibly daft suggestion but I do find if mine has been parked a while, the pedal goes hard and I have to press it much harder than normal in order to get it to start. I don't know quite how it tells the pedal is down but I think there are 2 switches in the switch, one for the brake lights and the other, requiring more movement for other things, like, potentially the start.
So have you pushed it really hard?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is IT possibile that my 1.5 year barttery is ded? I am afraid to disconnect Aku and bring it for check to the shop with barttery beacuse its possibile my central lock wont' work after disconnect. I had that issue before..

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Put a volt meter on the battery terminals and see what voltage you have. For a healthy battery you should see 12.8v.

·
Registered
XK Dynamic R 2014,XF 3ltr SC 2013,STR 2007,S Type 2001
320 Posts
Skopex

Google 2012 2.2d xf won't start. jaginfo.forum. With a 124+ posts with everything to check and blind alleys.

I will not spoil it for you.

• Helpful
Reactions: PetA
1 - 10 of 10 Posts