Jaguar xfs 275bhp reg 2009 brake pads

Poundy

Reaction score
This is the problem i am having but my son might be able to borrow a 9mm hex now have a 2nd problem i have one wheel off and that was a nightmare the other front wheel one of the silly idea nuts wont come loose tried loads of sockets including the black impact ones so going to have to struggle on thanks for your input Regards. Ray
Be careful with the O.E. XF wheel nuts they consist of an outer chrome nut cover with a seal between that and the actual retaining nut.
The seal deteriorates and rusts the inner to the stud. Too much pressure will just rip the chrome covering nut off and leave you with a load of grief trying to get what's left on the stud off.
I would be tempted to leave the offending nut lubricated before trying to force it off, also get some solid wheel nuts off ebay to avoid issues with the rest further down the track.

maxispeed 275

Reaction score
Cheers Poundy, going through the same process now i have to try and get my son to weld a nut on to the whats left of the said nut just ordered a set of 16 wheel nuts from my local car aparts shop £68.00 4 for each wheel then the 5th one is my locking wheel nut would you know if the tin/alloy can be prised off on the new nuts and if so i will fit some plastic wheel nut covers on them

maxispeed 275

Reaction score
Only the cost of the Gorilla nuts put me off when I was looking for black
Still have time to change the nuts for the ones you say i think if the shop will take them back but i have run into more probs another nut sheared off and one other we managed to cut that off now i am left with defo one stud will have to be replaced and probs 2

sportbrake_phil

Reaction score
Still have time to change the nuts for the ones you say i think if the shop will take them back but i have run into more probs another nut sheared off and one other we managed to cut that off now i am left with defo one stud will have to be replaced and probs 2
Ooh I hope it's not on the rear wheel, I hear you can't get those out without removing the hub.

This thread on jaginfo.org is worth a look although I've not tried the hole cutter technique.

maxispeed 275

Reaction score
Ooh I hope it's not on the rear wheel, I hear you can't get those out without removing the hub.

This thread on jaginfo.org is worth a look although I've not tried the hole cutter technique.
This is on the front wheel and hopefully in the next few days will change all the nuts as solid one piece not sure at the moment but i think mitsubishi evo nuts fit i will keep the site informe if they do fit