Jaguar Forum banner
6821 - 6840 of 6865 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,044 Posts
... we take these cars for granted and forget some people don’t have the luxuries we do…
Imagine. Some people can't watch TV in the back. BooHoo.

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,823 ·
What rate of pay does your chauffer command if you don't mind me asking mac?..

:D
I'm guessing he's like me, barely seen the tv's in the back, once or twice maybe.
He IS the chauffeur

Jim

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,044 Posts
What rate of pay does your chauffer command if you don't mind me asking mac?..
I charge whatever the market will stand.

... and extra for Royalty.

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,344 Posts
Might as well make use of the Volvo, so....

Earlier yesterday, offending dead hedges ripped out, new replacements thrown in along with some fertiliser and watered, now we'll see if they live or die lol

I'm not a gardener.

Back seats of the Volvo down and a tarpaulin covering entire rear section, dead hedges etc placed in bags, so can't be any more careful really. It'll be a local tip run tomorrow to get rid

Jim
Ahah! Sorted at last then and that must be a load off your mind, nothing like tackling a job you don't want to do and getting it done and dusted and out of the way and some good news about your Jag too,

Plant People in nature Grass Happy Line

·
Registered
2006 X-type Estate Sport
652 Posts
Jim the excitement of having the car back will be so over powering you might find your self 100 miles away on some road trip.... And still going 😂😂😂

Reactions: PetA and JimC64

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Ahah! Sorted at last then and that must be a load off your mind, nothing like tackling a job you don't want to do and getting it done and dusted and out of the way and some good news about your Jag too,

View attachment 55829
I knew Jim had a kinky side, but thigh high rubber wellies.....

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
All these trips into the wilds of Scotland for business eh ... nudge - nudge -
Nose Head Eye Iris Art
Nose Head Eye Iris Art

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,831 · (Edited)

View attachment 55829
I did pmsl at this one Gina, very good, although the hedge you have added looks great, much better than mine lol

Jim the excitement of having the car back will be so over powering you might find your self 100 miles away on some road trip.... And still going 😂😂😂
That is entirely possible Bob, "just to get the feel of her again" you understand....

Don't knock it till you're tried it Andrew ;)

At least they are not flared wellies.
So seventies man o_O

Thigh high? How does the sheep fit?
Lol, it's the Highland cows up here I'm told supposedly Mac

All these trips into the wilds of Scotland for business eh ... nudge - nudge - View attachment 55848 View attachment 55849
Oh deer lol

Jim

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,832 ·
I had my update call from Shirley at the bodyshop today, not great unfortunately.

Looks like there's issues with parking sensors, the wiring they seem to think, so will not be available tomorrow

The Volvo for another wee while by the looks of it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 XJL Autobiography
2,118 Posts
Not so good but better getting her back 100% than find out a week later somethings not right.

Don’t worry we’ll still talk to you if you turn up in a Volvo…

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,044 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
but they're doing a full machine polish etc when completed.
So, if I want my car polished, I need to be "banged from behind" by some dozy Doris? Coz it ain't happening any other way....

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,044 Posts
So, if I want my car polished, I need to be "banged from behind" by some dozy Doris? Coz it ain't happening any other way....
You misunderstand the process. Your car has to be "banged from behind" by some dozy Doris.

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,838 ·
I called the bodyshop today and asked for an update, spoke to Mark, the workshop supervisor about this..

All good, the wiring loom issue been dealt with and put back together, now being fully machine polished I'm told.

She should be ready for handover in 23 hours, 50 minutes and 8 seconds........thereabouts lol, but who's counting?

Called the car hire people and advised will call them tomorrow morning with approx handover times so they can have someone there to collect
the Volvo ( which although a decent car, won't be missed )

Tick tock.....

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 XJL Autobiography
2,118 Posts
Great news Jim, you'll be pacing up and down, staring at your phone waiting on the call!

I know what you mean about the Volvo, nice cars but just a car that does a job.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
I called the bodyshop today and asked for an update, spoke to Mark, the workshop supervisor about this..

All good, the wiring loom issue been dealt with and put back together, now being fully machine polished I'm told.

She should be ready for handover in 23 hours, 50 minutes and 8 seconds........thereabouts lol, but who's counting?

Called the car hire people and advised will call them tomorrow morning with approx handover times so they can have someone there to collect
the Volvo ( which although a decent car, won't be missed )

Tick tock.....

Jim
Fantastic and cracking news Jim (y)

It's a funny thing, but my heart started racing with excitement when I read your thread ... some kinda crazy Ruby or what ha-ha? o_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JimC64
6821 - 6840 of 6865 Posts