Jaguar Forum banner
7181 - 7200 of 7232 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,181 ·
I bet I would have burned £8 in fuel and lost a couple of hours of my life with the Asdatyres/Justtyres place. So I'm happy, and have that warm feeling of helping local businesses :)
Or maybe that warm feeling is incontinence again....
Wasn't sure whether to like or laugh there, very good :ROFLMAO:

In comparison JimC64, I paid over £500 for 2, so you did OK :).
I think so Jamie, decent price and most of all, have used the tyres before, tested them, know them and like / trust them so happy enough for now.
On the plus side, if I give everyone £50 less for Christmas this year it covers the cost ;)

Nice one Jim, might be raining but every thinking the garden is looking rosy :giggle:
Definitely raining, has been most of the day, and a little more rosy than it was this morning, costs aside
Not in the garden though lol, that's just a mess

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
Nice one getting the tyres fitted & glad to hear your MOT guy not in too bad spirits. I’m sure he’ll appreciate the token bottle.

sounds like it all fell into place selling the old tyres and the icarsoft, quick and painless is always good.

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,183 ·
Cheers Glenn.....

Well, it was M.O.T. time today and other than fitting new tyres a few days ago, can't remember a time I've been less prepared for an annual test, albeit she was washed a few days ago, no other real checks done I'm ashamed to say.

Was thinking it would've bene like the thing to fail on no windscreen washer fluid or something equally as silly. Probably more in my head, is the fact that she's approaching 75k miles and expecting to hear of issues with bushes and or wheel bearings etc coming up soon.

He did say, you're too early to keep the anniversary of the test by around 6 weeks and wouldlose that time, no issues with that as the 26th December for M.O.T. test is pants anyway, so crack on.

Anyhow she sailed through, no problems or issues and no advisories, which was nice.
It was in my mind to have her at 74,447 miles for the test, but couldn't be bothered in the end, and she's showing 74,282
As she's 7 years old on 21st January this coming year, that'll be working out at approx 11k miles per year by the time that rolls around, obviously doing a bit less than the 15k - 20k of a few years ago and much less than the 50k-70k of days long past.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Paper

Good to see Brian and have a catch up, although he's showing signs of age / wear and probably a little stress to be fair.

It's his left arm that's the problem, help up and out the way, as if in a sling, but not and he has mobile at hand ( he's not a mobile phone type guy, or one for really answering or using it to be fair ) waiting on the call to attend hospital, any day / any week now....who knows?

He's talking about possibly wanting to continue afterwards, we'll see?
Funny how, only the last few years he's been talking about shutting up shop and getting out, now that's potentially being forced on him he wants to carry on....

Jim

·
Registered
2020 Seat Ateca 2.0T FR 4Drive
674 Posts
I need to read before i post LOL

• Haha
Reactions: JimC64

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,878 Posts
Cheers Glenn.....

Well, it was M.O.T. time today and other than fitting new tyres a few days ago, can't remember a time I've been less prepared for an annual test, albeit she was washed a few days ago, no other real checks done I'm ashamed to say.

Was thinking it would've bene like the thing to fail on no windscreen washer fluid or something equally as silly. Probably more in my head, is the fact that she's approaching 75k miles and expecting to hear of issues with bushes and or wheel bearings etc coming up soon.

He did say, you're too early to keep the anniversary of the test by around 6 weeks and wouldlose that time, no issues with that as the 26th December for M.O.T. test is pants anyway, so crack on.

Anyhow she sailed through, no problems or issues and no advisories, which was nice.
It was in my mind to have her at 74,447 miles for the test, but couldn't be bothered in the end, and she's showing 74,282
As she's 7 years old on 21st January this coming year, that'll be working out at approx 11k miles per year by the time that rolls around, obviously doing a bit less than the 15k - 20k of a few years ago and much less than the 50k-70k of days long past.

View attachment 58093

Good to see Brian and have a catch up, although he's showing signs of age / wear and probably a little stress to be fair.

It's his left arm that's the problem, help up and out the way, as if in a sling, but not and he has mobile at hand ( he's not a mobile phone type guy, or one for really answering or using it to be fair ) waiting on the call to attend hospital, any day / any week now....who knows?

He's talking about possibly wanting to continue afterwards, we'll see?
Funny how, only the last few years he's been talking about shutting up shop and getting out, now that's potentially being forced on him he wants to carry on....

Jim
Nice one Jim, all set for another 12 months and clean bill of health too (y)

Good to hear about Brian, they do say you miss things more when they are gone and it looks that way with him, now he's had the nudge so to speak, still, he can enjoy things while he can and maybe it gives him that edge to push on eh?

Reactions: #steve and JimC64

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
Nice result on the MOT, always a squeaky bum moment no matter how prepped you are. s I've said before advisories don't worry me too much as long as they don't appear twice, but no worries there anyway with your clean bill of health!

·
Registered
2017, Jaguar XJ
119 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,188 ·
Nice one Jim, all set for another 12 months and clean bill of health too (y)

Good to hear about Brian, they do say you miss things more when they are gone and it looks that way with him, now he's had the nudge so to speak, still, he can enjoy things while he can and maybe it gives him that edge to push on eh?
100% on all of the above Gina (y)

Nice result on the MOT, always a squeaky bum moment no matter how prepped you are. s I've said before advisories don't worry me too much as long as they don't appear twice, but no worries there anyway with your clean bill of health!
Cheers Glenn, yes to all from me(y)

I am very tempted to get these in the white LED :D
NOOOOOO Don't do it lol
Step AWAY from the ledge!

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,190 ·

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,191 ·
Tempted but I think I will refrain from getting them... Now I have got to get a full service done and it looks like both front discs and pads will also need doing and will get them done at the same time as the service.
Good plan, are you doing any / all works yourself or Indy time?

Jim

·
Registered
2017, Jaguar XJ
119 Posts
Good plan, are you doing any / all works yourself or Indy time?

Jim
I will go with the indy for the service as they can stamp the digital book. But for the brakes I will ask my mechanic friend to do that and I have managed to source the parts at a good price online.

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
I am very tempted to get these in the white LED :D
Carnivore Sleeve Font Whiskers Felidae

Go on, be daring, a little of what you fancy does you good as the saying goes. You could always wait until after you have done the necessary to you lovely jag and then treat you both ... maybe a sweet Chrissy prezzie?
I have even thought about getting a set for my Desiree (Merc), I found a site a little more reasonable price wise, but so far all seen to be in the USA, still looking and might wait until they come over here ... decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

JAGUAR Floating Caps for XE/XF/XJL — RAYMAX LUMINOUS GEAR (raymaxgear.com)

Wheel Tire Watch Automotive tire Product

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: JimC64 and XJ1983

·
Registered
2017, Jaguar XJ
119 Posts
View attachment 58224

Go on, be daring, a little of what you fancy does you good as the saying goes. You could always wait until after you have done the necessary to you lovely jag and then treat you both ... maybe a sweet Chrissy prezzie?
I have even thought about getting a set for my Desiree (Merc), I found a site a little more reasonable price wise, but so far all seen to be in the USA, still looking and might wait until they come over here ... decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

View attachment 58220
View attachment 58223

Now that I have seen the video, I am less keen on getting them... I think I am gullible when it comes to pictures

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Now that I have seen the video, I am less keen on getting them... I think I am gullible when it comes to pictures
Well at least it helped you make up your mind which is good and I think there will be a lot of big cat fans out there smiling right now
Glasses Goggles Vision care Smile Sunglasses

Old Ruby though when it comes to taking advice on sensible care items, I'm all ears and first to peeerchase oodles of whatever it is, but when it comes to being in fashion, never have followed the trend so to speak, do my own thing and if I like something I go for it, 'cos It is to please me not others.

Smile Vertebrate Happy Orange Font

·
Registered
2017, Jaguar XJ
119 Posts
Well at least it helped you make up your mind which is good and I think there will be a lot of big cat fans out there smiling right now View attachment 58254

Old Ruby though when it comes to taking advice on sensible care items, I'm all ears and first to peeerchase oodles of whatever it is, but when it comes to being in fashion, never have followed the trend so to speak, do my own thing and if I like something I go for it, 'cos It is to please me not others.

View attachment 58255
That is exactly how it should be :)
Should be doing it to make ourselves happy!

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,198 · (Edited)
Great news on the pass Jim, (although I had no doubts)
When I bought my car I think the MOT was January so I just changed it to August as that's psychologically better lol.
Thanks Steve, don't know about the no doubts part though, never know with these testers
I always go into them with quiet optimism and hope and see how it pans out from there.

View attachment 58224

View attachment 58220
View attachment 58223

I'm pretty sure it was Mac that started this whole thing off, obviously he's done some research on them, thinking about them for his car.
As always a very thorough indepth post Gina.
Not for me, they're a bit "boy racerish" and Fast n Furious style for my taste, but as always each to their own.
I suppose I'm now officially old lol

Lol I think they look good, just on other cars...

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,199 ·

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was Mac that started this whole thing off, ...
That's it - blame me. I was only being helpful for you compulsive "modders".

7181 - 7200 of 7232 Posts