Jaguar Forum banner
7201 - 7220 of 7232 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,201 ·
I revisited the Autel MK808Z scanner last night, had a little more of a play around and tweaked a few things, updated a few more vehicles so all now installed A ok and up to date, fully charged and ready good to go. Now need to remember to put it in the boot, no good to me in the office lol.

As Glenn says, the win is that it resets both requirements when doing an oil service reset
The service indicator and the oil dilution analysis reset too

Next thing I'll probably do will be the pollen filter and most likely fuel filter as well for peace of mind.

Point of note: All too often missed as part of the service. I've read more than a few stories recently of people having weird issues, lack of power etc etc spending time going down all sorts of rabbit holes, when the fuel filter has been the cause.

Coming up for 75k miles now, 74,447 next if I remember lol

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
Good call in becoming the Autel guru Jim, I know who to call if I’m not sure about something now. lol

I’ve been looking at suitability sized cases to save having the large case it comes in sliding about the boot. Dimensions wise, this seems a possibility

Might be able to keep some screw drivers and handy spanners in it at the same time (& spare LEDs?)

After reading about fuel filter issues too, so will schedule mine for its May oil change /full service. That will align it with its early Jaguar/Glenn65 12 month service interval.

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,203 ·
Good call in becoming the Autel guru Jim, I know who to call if I’m not sure about something now. lol

I’ve been looking at suitability sized cases to save having the large case it comes in sliding about the boot. Dimensions wise, this seems a possibility

Might be able to keep some screw drivers and handy spanners in it at the same time (& spare LEDs?)

After reading about fuel filter issues too, so will schedule mine for its May oil change /full service. That will align it with its early Jaguar/Glenn65 12 month service interval.
Lol no no, nice try, but not having that.
You are way more switched on with me with that stuff, so I'll be coming to you, as will Seg most likely ( payment in Greggs and Latte's )

I hear what you're saying about the case, but think I'll just stick mine in along with my carry all stuff, shouldn't be any issues.

Good call on the spanners etc, I usually have at least a couple of screwdrivers and a few other bits n bobs in my carry all, with the cleaning stuff.
Spare LED'S another good call, still waiting on the vanity lights guru to step up on that one :p

The fuel filters a definite good call, I think I may be coming up for a couple of years now, so definitely getting done for me

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
Lol no no, nice try, but not having that.
You are way more switched on with me with that stuff, so I'll be coming to you, as will Seg most likely ( payment in Greggs and Latte's )

I hear what you're saying about the case, but think I'll just stick mine in along with my carry all stuff, shouldn't be any issues.

Good call on the spanners etc, I usually have at least a couple of screwdrivers and a few other bits n bobs in my carry all, with the cleaning stuff.
Spare LED'S another good call, still waiting on the vanity lights guru to step up on that one :p

The fuel filters a definite good call, I think I may be coming up for a couple of years now, so definitely getting done for me

Jim
haha - worth a try. I'm waiting on Seg arranging some sort of meet for you / me or Marc to organise at HIS house now he's back from his hols.

The vanity mirror guru hopes to have a go at the weekend (grandkids calling the shots, dependant...). My fuel filter was done when I got it along with air filters in the october / november last year so by may that'll be 18 months, so might as well align it all back up with the Jaguar service history.

Reactions: mac_doctor

·
Registered
141 Posts
I revisited the Autel MK808Z scanner last night, had a little more of a play around and tweaked a few things, updated a few more vehicles so all now installed A ok and up to date, fully charged and ready good to go. Now need to remember to put it in the boot, no good to me in the office lol.

As Glenn says, the win is that it resets both requirements when doing an oil service reset
The service indicator and the oil dilution analysis reset too

Next thing I'll probably do will be the pollen filter and most likely fuel filter as well for peace of mind.

Point of note: All too often missed as part of the service. I've read more than a few stories recently of people having weird issues, lack of power etc etc spending time going down all sorts of rabbit holes, when the fuel filter has been the cause.

Coming up for 75k miles now, 74,447 next if I remember lol

Jim
Has anybody posted a "How to" for the fuel filter change, if not perhaps you wouldn't mind ;-)

Dom

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts
Has anybody posted a "How to" for the fuel filter change, if not perhaps you wouldn't mind ;-)

Dom

Should get you started.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Should get you started.
Thanks, I was just looking at that thread Chris, I'm assuming you haven't tried this yourself yet right?

Dom

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,878 Posts

Bag looks nifty Glenn and not being the hard plastic type, means it won't clonk about in the boot as it slides about (y)

Reactions: JimC64 and Glenn65

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

Should get you started.
Thanks, I was just looking at that thread Chris, I'm assuming you haven't tried this yourself yet right?

Dom
Priceless!!.. 🤣

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hi Dom, the point of my reply was actually a very failed attempt at humour in your asking mac/Chris if he had threatened his car with spanners/manual labour.. :)

@OBC John and Gav both(?) did a very good write up with pics on jaginfo..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Dom, the point of my reply was actually a very failed attempt at humour in your asking mac/Chris if he had threatened his car with spanners/manual labour.. :)

@OBC John and Gav both(?) did a very good write up with pics on jaginfo..
Indeed Pete, my fingers are faster than my Thursday afternoon brain

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,215 ·
Just bought the replacement Bosch fuel filter, from Halfords of all places, only £21.95 so hope to get that done soon enough

Pollen filter in stock, ready good to go and perhaps just get the footwell led's done at the same time.

Also, came across some parts for the X type, a fuel filter, oil filter and brake light switch, gave Bob T a call for next time he's passing he can pick them up for his car.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
Nice one on the fuel filter. I’ll be logging into the Halfords site later tonight when I get more time to look.
Cracking price!

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,217 ·
Nice one on the fuel filter. I’ll be logging into the Halfords site later tonight when I get more time to look.
Cracking price!
Sorry mate, bought the last 5 they had lol

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts

Dom
That would be a correct assumption.

7201 - 7220 of 7232 Posts