Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to the forum, hope someone can help we have just changed the lower rear wishbone bush's on a xj6 3 litre x350 new alloy body, after doing the work, the car seems to jump/hop from side to side when going over a bump hole etc it is hard to explain !! anyone got any ideas at all !! also when driving the car the cars seesm to rev up and down a bit around 2,000 rpm above and below this its perfect !! any help would be great

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The hunting around 2000 revs is a common problem on warm-up and sometimes other times. A TCM reflash will probably cure it. Most tranny problems are software, not hardware; strange but true.

Not sure what you might have done on the rear suspension. You say you have just swapped out the bushes in the wishbones. This should not cause any problems afterwards, so I suggest you have a look underneath to see all is secure. Did you remove anything apart from the wishbones ? I also assume you only replaced the "ball-type" bushes, (which commonly fail, two per wishbone), not the silentbloc ones, (very rarely fail, one per wishbone)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks for the reply and help ok we have flashed the tranny sofware and still the same so i suspect it will be a t converter job arrggghhh re the bushs we (or the garage did !) changed both sides? the bushs for the lower wishbones thanks any more help would be great !! i ahve ahd lots of these cars but this one is proving to be a little bit difficult to say the least !!

·
Registered
241 Posts
OK I have had a look at JTIS:

Crabbing................possible source..........................incorrect rear thrust angle.................action check rear toe adjustment

and rear thrust angle or crab angle is......................RH rear toe-LH rear toe/2 should be 0deg + or -0.14deg or 0deg+ or- 8 minutes
Google crabbing and see what you think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi yes we did this before we noticed that the bushs need doing it had a total 4 wheel alignment jobby the garage said did not need to redo aftere the bushs ? thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.