Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The open and close buttons on my remote key fob are getting really hard to press in before they work. Tried the battery replacement, new rubber pads and cleaning with solvent but I think it'e getting worse now day by day. Has anyone tried replacing the microswitches on the board? Is it a doable job or best leave them alone? I don't mind reverting back to using the key manually in the lock but we have grown so lazy these days.

I've only one key by the way so I do not want to mess it up. Alos I can't send it away for repair as I need the car.

I was thinking aboy=ut switches similar to these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-X-...d=110992110272&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You can buy just this part which you can learn easily enough in remote learning mode - £20
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-BUTTON...562744&hash=item5b1d23aed7:g:TEMAAOSwLEtYh5Y7

Or you get one from Hong Kong for half price - £10
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/4-Buttons-...d=391330901719&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

And somehow the Tiddly Winks can also make a whole working key for £13 delivered ........
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Uncut...d=391330901719&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I have Jaguar keys on both of my Mondeos , I did buy one of these cheapies out of curiosity recently to see if they work ...
I have to say that it did - Just doesn't seem possible to make any form of working copy at this money , and then ship it foc too !

·
Registered
5,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. Thanks fellas.

I like the idea of replacing the whole circuit board (especially at 1/2 price from Hong Kong - probably exactly the same one anyhow)

If I was to do that, how would I then re programme the new board to the car (Is it the key in ignition, twisty twisty dance thing?) Would ny old board still work then if I mess it all up and decide to still use that one?

Final question Billy2Jags - I wasn't aware that I could still use the key part without it's brains to be honest with you. So I could just separate the two and use the key manually in the lock and ignition?

Thanks again for the info guys.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Yes mate, the transponder for the immobiliser is in the key part. The other bit just does doors, boot etc on remote.
The chinese stuff may be OK but for the cost of a refurb from fingaz I know whic I prefer ;)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes mate, the transponder for the immobiliser is in the key part. The other bit just does doors, boot etc on remote.
The chinese stuff may be OK but for the cost of a refurb from fingaz I know whic I prefer ;)
Agreed Billy.- I've just e-mailed Neil now for some info. For some reason I always thought that the ignition wouldn't work unless both parts were together. I'll run oustside in a while and check it out. The wife can't understand at the moment why I'm so excited :)

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Little things :)

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
PS. You may have to turn on ign immediately to prevent alarm from sounding if you unlock with the key.

·
Registered
249 Posts
great service

You can take the key part off the fob and send the fob off http://www.spanglefish.com/fingazfobz/
Many thanks for that link. By sheer co-incidence (though not what I thought at the time!) both my remotes stopped working at more or less the same time. I stripped them down, cleaned them up and fitted brand new batteries. All to no avail. Sent one off to Neil and back it came in a matter of days fully functional without having to re-program it. Just waiting for my second one to come back now. Excellent service thank you Neil!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can vouch for Neil at FingazFobz too as I received mine back today. No need to reprogramme, just tried it first as he recommends on his website and it worked straight away. Excellent service. I posted it to him on Monday and I had it back today. God bless the internet!! How we have been conned by people all these years when now we can just deal direct with the experts who actually know what they are doing.

Big thumbs up for that link guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Many thanks for that link. By sheer co-incidence (though not what I thought at the time!) both my remotes stopped working at more or less the same time. I stripped them down, cleaned them up and fitted brand new batteries. All to no avail. Sent one off to Neil and back it came in a matter of days fully functional without having to re-program it. Just waiting for my second one to come back now. Excellent service thank you Neil!
My second one arrived back yesterday. This one needed re-programming which I was a little apprehensive about but didn't need to be as I just followed Neil's instructions to the letter and worked first time. Thanks again, hope they last another ten years!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Exactly why we are here guys.
Helping each other and recommending guys that give great service and we all benefit from each other :)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Used Neil at Fingasfobz myself, excellent service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.