Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The red headlight on button on the keyfob is supposed to turn the headlights on for 25 seconds. Mine doesn't work, (never has since I've had the vehicle). Is there any way I can activate this feature? I found it very useful on my previous S type. I am a long way from a Jag dealer or I would bite the bullet and see if they could make it work.

Does anyone know if this can be done without involving a main dealer?

Thanks......................................IP

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
It maybe one of those things that can be turned on with JLR/SDD Mongoose. The handbook states Activates the convenienceheadlight feature and sounds the panic alarm (where fitted) So it may not be fitted on all vehicles but I cannot see why not.

Roger

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Roger. Not sure I understand what JLR/SDD Mongoose is, some kind of program I'm sure. Is this a dealer thing or something built into the car?
In my handbook nothing is mentioned (that I've seen) about a panic alarm.

Thanks.....................................IP

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I only have access to the 2005 model Handbook and its on page 35.
JLR/SDD is the dealer software which I and many members have the clone and use it successfully for many problems and diagnostics. It allows us to perform Dealer only functions like turning things off and on. See Cheap Mongoose on the forum.

Roger

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. The 2007 owners manual I have doesn't mention panic alarm, but the 2004 manual does indeed, strange!
I will look into the Mongoose thingy (tomorrow, it's past my bedtime now!)

Regards....................IP

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Thanks for that. The 2007 owners manual I have doesn't mention panic alarm, but the 2004 manual does indeed, strange!
I will look into the Mongoose thingy (tomorrow, it's past my bedtime now!)

Regards....................IP
Have you tried your other key fob IP?

The buttons get dirty if they aren't used.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I have a later style key with my "New To Me" 2000 V6... I pressed the headlight button, only to be greated by the alarm going off...

TT

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello IP,Did you ever crack this? My keyfob has a similar problem. I've only had the car for 3 weeks and the red lights on button has only worked twice. I think it must be dirty so was planning on taking teh fob apart for cleaning at some point.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for my tardinesss folks, no I haven't cracked it as yet. I have been busy as I'm sure we all have of late. Icy cold here to-day so a dose of fireside with a spot of Jamesons seems in order.

Al the best, take care out.................................IP

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you tried your other key fob IP?

The buttons get dirty if they aren't used.

Yes, I changed the batteries in both fobs recently. No difference.

No big deal really......................IP

·
Registered
204 Posts
One of my fobs works fine with this feature, the other not. I have bought a fob refurb kit for a few pounds (ebay) to solder on new buttons to the board, and replace the supplied battery. Just need to locate my soldering iron!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought one of those kits (just in case) will have to have a look at my spare fob and put the meter on the micro switch.

Sounds like a rainy day job.................................IP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.