Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 XKR convertible
Got out of car today to get something from boot . Went to get back in , the car was locked and the keys inside . Managed to get a long piece of stiff wire between the door glass and the rear quarter glass and hook the door handle . Any one got an idea why this happened ?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Not sure why that happened.
On mine, the car won't lock from outside (with a key left inside) even if I had the spare key on me and I attempted to lock it. The boot won't secure lock no matter how many times I try if I had a key in my luggage left in the boot. You get an audio beep to indicate you've left a key inside the car. When I attempt to shut the the driver door with the keys left inside, I get the same audible beep. This was same with my previous 2009 XKR.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I had that problem once when I started the car, moved it out of the garage, then got out and shut the door, leaving the engine running.

I got talking to a neighbour for a few minutes, and when I tried to get back in I found it was locked.

It wasn’t a problem - I just got the spare key from the house - but I will never again shut the door with the engine running.

It does of course self lock when you drive off. I assume that it had self locked after a minute or two, assuming I was inside.

Had you left the engine running?

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
The OP’s car is a x100 from the looks of his avatar so he wouldn’t have keyless start either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine did this on Friday 08 plate convertible at work. Battery fine in remote thought it may be the xf key with it but I had to leave it overnight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.