Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a split water pipe caused some water ingress in the engine bay, it appears to have taken out a knock sensor, not sure which one though.

The car is an 03 4.2V8 XJR, i wondered how difficult it is to replace the sensors on this engine, apparently not easy on any of the V8's but before I get spanked by the Indie I wondered if there were any sage words from knowledgeable people on the forum.

cheers

Wylie

· Registered
872 Posts
There under the supercharger the lots got to come off to change them so change all the hoses especially the valley hose , it might just be water in the connector for the knock sensor

· Registered
889 Posts
I'm not far from you (Edgware) and am looking for a decent indie. Would you PM the details of yours?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,999 Posts
I did mine myself at home on the drive. It can be done. A lot of stuff has to come off including the supercharger as they live under it. It is a great chance to clean things up and replace all the hoses you find whilst in there. It took me a long time but well worth it, as I cleaned everything and replaced all I could whilst I was in "the valley". Nothing is hard as such just awkward so you can save yourself a fortune by doing it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.