Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OBD2 scanner permanently fitted. As the OBD2 port is always powered, I have the scanner connected via an extension cable, on which I've disconnected the power pin, using a fuse tap instead. This way the scanner only powers up when necessary, and I can leave it be without living in fear of battery drain.

I have Torque Pro on my phone with logging enabled, so whenever I enter the car, the phone starts logging.

I have currently tapped F9, but I'd prefer to have the scanner power up a bit before I start the engine. That way I also get some non-running parameters, like voltage after resting overnight, logged as well. Oh, and F16 is already taken by a dashcam.

Any ideas on which fuse to tap for this?

I've been eyeing F12, as I'm under the impression the in-car aspirator is a small fan for sampling interior air, which apparently activates as soon as the doors are unlocked and a door is opened...

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have an OBD2 scanner permanently fitted. As the OBD2 port is always powered, I have the scanner connected via an extension cable, on which I've disconnected the power pin, using a fuse tap instead. This way the scanner only powers up when necessary, and I can leave it be without living in fear of battery drain.

I have Torque Pro on my phone with logging enabled, so whenever I enter the car, the phone starts logging.

I have currently tapped F9, but I'd prefer to have the scanner power up a bit before I start the engine. That way I also get some non-running parameters, like voltage after resting overnight, logged as well. Oh, and F16 is already taken by a dashcam.

Any ideas on which fuse to tap for this?

I've been eyeing F12, as I'm under the impression the in-car aspirator is a small fan for sampling interior air, which apparently activates as soon as the doors are unlocked and a door is opened...
When I installed my dashcam, I piggybacked the AMP Fuse in the passenger side fuse box. I cannot remember the number.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I installed my dashcam, I piggybacked the AMP Fuse in the passenger side fuse box. I cannot remember the number.
That's F16, which I have my dashcam connected to. I recall reading about the amplifier fuse here, which is why I used it. However, that too only provides juice when power is on, engine running or not. As such, I'm leaning towards the interior light fuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.