Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed some movement in the base of my drivers seat the odd time (2011 XFS with the sports seats). Checked it the other day and the base of the seat can be moved up and down by about 5mm or so. It's not the rails themselves just the seat base that moves. I can't see by looking under it where exactly has gone loose though.
Anyone else experienced this before I start removing the seat to find the issue?

Thanks.

· Registered
929 Posts
Looks like your going to have to get the spanners out and check it . Seats shouldn't move . possibly a broken weld . let us know what you find .

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Christmas project.

I can just remove the 4 bolts and tilt the seat forward to get a proper look.

· Registered
314 Posts
I unbolted seat to change TPMS box underneath. Very straightforward (you also have to unbolt seat belt) but seat very heavy so prop it up with something strong!!

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a look at this problem over my Christmas break.

It appears the motor that drives the seat base to tilt is loose in its housing. I couldn't see any obvious way to tighten it back up however. As a short term fix i pushed a washer between it and the housing but there is still some movement.

I think it will involve a look in slightly warmer weather.

Very easy to remove the seat though but be sure you have a torque wrench. Not an item you want to be coming loose or breaking away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.