Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Low coolant warning came on this morning on the way to work, I checked it a few weeks ago when I got the car. I did notice this morning when I topped up that there was coolant around the top of the tank in the little ridge around the tank. I did see a bit before.

Must be coming out of the Cap, could it be the cap has failed or is failing.

It doesn't tighten up as such but just twists and after a couple of turns just spins, is that normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
The coolant you see around the tank may be spillage from someone filling it up previously!
There's a tray under the engine that will catch a lot of coolant so you may not see leaks on the pavement as you might expect. Take a look underneath towards the back of the engine where the water pump is. Use a torch the orange coolant shows up quite well.

·
Registered
898 Posts
moblies.
Possibly a small split in the tank itself, get engine up to temp then have a look, you might see it bubbling out.
merlin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the problem, The small top hose on the expansion tank has come away but with a part of the bottle where it clamps (nipple if you like)

is it a big job to change the expansion bottle ? is there any bleeding to do afterwards once the coolant is refilled.

Thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
Not changed one myself, but a few forum members have done so without problems, just make sure you use the orange coolant.
merlin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.