Lower Pulley, Tensioner, Belt and Shield 2.2

Axat101

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I have read the sticky about this subject with interest. i was unsure whether to post my question there or here and have gone for here. Don't all black ball me at once.

I intend to keep my car (2009 Auto estate 2.2) and am slowly going through the car. Tomorrow the auto box fluid is being changed, the turbo cleaned and the turbo actuator being replaced.

I am aware that many X-Type deisels have a problem with the title of this thread. I have zero noise and no current problems. I have read elsewhere on this forum that the later cars like mine are less prown to a problem with the tensioner as it was improved at the factory.

My question is A) is that correct? and B) if not as the original link in the thread/sticky no longer works can any kind soul place a link to the uprated part as I can find hundreds of standard parts on eBay but not the improved part.

Many thanks
Paul

Billy2Jags

Reaction score
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The only thing I would suggest is to fit an over running pulley to the alternator to give the tensioner and crank pulley an easier life.
If you need a pulley, I can supply but would need to check postage costs to France......

Euan Tausney

Reaction score
Hello again, the later cars had no modifications to the belt tensioner or bottom crank pulley as you suggest. The Kit Jaguar supplied to fix this problem had a beefed up crank pulley, mine did not have this fitted, and was one of the last ones made, as was yours. The solution that most go for is an OAP fitted to the alternator(Overrunning Alternator Pulley) which takes the load of the tensioner & pulley, preventing belt slap.

Whiskery

I Have Donated !
Reaction score

Euan Tausney

Reaction score

nicam49

Reaction score