Mark 10

GTIM

Reaction score
Here are a couple if pictures of my 1963 3.8 auto Mark 10. A bit of a forgotten model which should I think feature slightly more prominently in the back catalogue.

image-2599514182.jpg
image-4177712084.jpg

Reggie-Rock

Reaction score
This was the car I loved above all others and had a brand new one in red, Wow what a car, the style, size and the power. The only thing my pride and joy was made by Corgi and I was 7 years old so just a toy, but was speechless with joy when my big sister gave it to me for my birthday.
Must be a very rare car now (full size) as they rusted very quickly and have not seen one on the road for decades.
Gorgeous looking X10, how did you come by this one ?

sjt959

Reaction score
Georges looking car. Remember my dad having one in the late 60’s and standing up on the back seats fully out of the huge Webasto roof. And the width of the doors, not their length but how wide they were from the outside to the inside, locks weren’t great thou - when were they on old Jags? - padlocked S-Type boot anyone? - and my brother falling out going around a bend, luckily he was ok, other than hiding under the g-plan sideboard but dad got into a lot of trouble.

Wonderful what memories old cars can stir.

GTIM

Reaction score
I got her just over a year ago having seen her on eBay. There was some negotiation after she didn't sell and I ended up getting the train from Leamington to Penrith where she had always been based, checked her over and handed over the money. The long journey back was a bit scary as I don't think she'd been run at motorway speeds for decades - literally. She didn't miss a beat though. I'm rebuilding the front suspension at the moment and dealing with the few small rusty bits of the body. Cosmetics will have to wait until she's safe and sound.
I fell in love with the Mk10 as a boy, like one of you it was with a toy as I didn't see the real thing until much later.