Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,
I’m looking for some technical advice please. My Jaguar XF 2009 master unlock button on the dashboard has stopped working yet all the other buttons on the panel are still working. My key all works fine and does my drivers door unlocking when I pull the handle. Any help guys please.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Billyo, are you saying that it is just the Unlocking button that has stopped working and the Locking button still works. If this is the case then the button itself must be suspect.
It is odd that the vehicle has this function as by using the drivers or passenger door handle you can do the same thing. and the key will also operate the global closing and opening.

Roger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi roger,
thank you for replying to my thread. Yes it is just the unlocking button that doesn't appear to work. The weird thing about that group of buttons on the dash is that they are all connected by just one plug at the back so surely if one button wasn't working they would all not be working. I don't think the buttons can be separated they come as one unit.
kind regards
shaun

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Each button has a microswitch and it is possible that the switch has malfunctioned or there may be a dry joint on the circuit board.

Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.