My son's hockey match got cancelled due to weather, so I had a rare Saturday afternoon to myself to tick some things off the list.
First up, and my priority, was the air box. Here's what I'm dealing with:
I stuck it back together with this:
It seemed to stick well, though was slightly tacky still when I reinstalled it so I won't know for sure until it's fully cured.
On reinstall, I also took steps to prevent it breaking again. It looks like a previous owner tried the quick approach to air filter replacement where you just lift the outer edge of the air box lid. The stress broke the pipework.
The problem is that you need to lift the front edge really high to disengage the rear clips. What I've done is file down the clips. I reckon I took 2 or 3mm off the bottom of the two outer clips. You now have to only lift the front of the lid but about an inch, then it'll slide off the clips with a little wiggle, and provide easy access to the filter.
Here's where I filed it. Hopefully you can see what I mean.
Here's new vs old air filter. Grim.
I replaced the cabin filter too, but don't have pics. Full service with oil/oil filter/fuel filter to come once I've bought oil and an extraction pump.
The final job was the n/s front speaker. It sounded awful at higher volumes, like it was blown. I've seen people remove it and simply push the rear cap back in. Sadly, my cap had separated completely and was lying in the door in many pieces.
15 mins of design and 3d printing time later, I had a new cap that I glued in place. This is upside down, but you get the idea.
It now sounds fantastic up to well over 40 on the volume indicator. That's plenty loud enough for me.
I also replaced some of the random flickering bulbs (rear footwell and licence plate). Somebody clearly had a penchant for cheap LEDs. Filament bulbs back in and no more flicker.
Overall, a good, productive afternoon. I Hope everyone else's was as good.