Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I am supposed to remove the metering valve from the HP pump when the stupid torx bolt (larger bottom one) is stripped ?
It's in the tiniest place known to man where action man sized hands might just about fit.....
And what imbecile thought a torx head would be a good idea ?

Aarrrrgh

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I must be stupid but please explain what is the HP Pump and the metering valve.

Roger

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Right, you are talking about the Fuel Pump. The workshop manual shows the Fuel Temp sensor and below it the Fuel Metering valve.
The valve does not appear to be held on with a large Torx Bolt but looks like an 8mm or 10mm bolt between the valve and the large (Probably 12 or 13mm) bolt. Are you sure you are trying to remove the correct bolt.

Roger

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks Roger, I had a better look today, (bought a brighter torch) you are right it's the two bolts that hold the metering valve in place.
I got one out easily but totally destroyed the other, anyway I called a main dealer and they reckon the bolts discontinued, so basically I am stuck.......

Wonderful

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts

· Registered
4,382 Posts

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
They look very cheap and very useful - what's the quality like?
The quality is great. I used them on one of my crank pulley bolts (as the bolt head rounded) and as you know the bolts are extremely tight it did a first class job.

Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.