Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the settings, and noticed that I don't have "Mirror fold back":

However, my mirrors do fold & unfold when I press both the mirror selection buttons (near the adjustment stick) simultaneously.
Also, the equipment listing for my car states the following:
AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
HTD/P-FOLD/MEM/A-DIM
where presumably HTD = heated, P-FOLD = powerfold, MEM = memory, A-DIM = automatic dimming

Is this a case of "visit dealer, enable feature with SDD", or is there something I can do?

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts
You don’t even have the area greyed out on the screen so it looks like it has never been installed. Could well be a dealer visit needed but I would first show them the screen and ask advice before paying for anything.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I don't have it either. An optional extra, apparently.
I was looking through the settings, and noticed that I don't have "Mirror fold back":

However, my mirrors do fold & unfold when I press both the mirror selection buttons (near the adjustment stick) simultaneously.
Also, the equipment listing for my car states the following:
AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
HTD/P-FOLD/MEM/A-DIM
where presumably HTD = heated, P-FOLD = powerfold, MEM = memory, A-DIM = automatic dimming

Is this a case of "visit dealer, enable feature with SDD", or is there something I can do?

·
Administrator
10,093 Posts
An independent can switch that option on, it’s just a flag that needs checking in CCF. I had it put on in my car, takes no time at all.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, thanks!

Do you happen to know whether it's possible to remove the horn sound on double-locking? I tend to double-lock as I've read it turns off various systems immediately, reducing battery drain, but the horn is a bit annoying.

An even more wild question; can the CCF affect the adaptive cruise control pre-set following distances? I've found the maximum, which is 2.2 seconds or so, too short for my liking at highway speeds. Doubly so if the road is wet...

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts
I you have the mirrors switched on for folding on lock then ask them to switch off the alarm chirp at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
Removed post as I see you were already at the same spot in the screens.

·
Administrator
10,093 Posts
It's just an option that can easily be activated by plugging the car into diagnostics (SDD) and selecting it in the CCF. Had mine done and was a simple thing to complete.

·
Registered
993 Posts
There are actually two options for mirrors in the parts list, Powerfold Mirrors and Except Powerfold Mirrors so I wonder what the difference is and whether any cars ever had the Except Powerfold Mirrors option fitted.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's just an option that can easily be activated by plugging the car into diagnostics (SDD) and selecting it in the CCF. Had mine done and was a simple thing to complete.
The Jag garage guy went out to my car and had a look and feel on my mirrors and said I could not have the auto function because I don't have the correct side mirrors but I now hope he's wrong!?:)

·
Administrator
10,093 Posts
There are actually two options for mirrors in the parts list, Powerfold Mirrors and Except Powerfold Mirrors so I wonder what the difference is and whether any cars ever had the Except Powerfold Mirrors option fitted.
Earlier cars had powerfold only as an option, you also need the different door modules for powerfold to get the option to work along with software change. I know as I did this on my XK. The non power fold mirrors also didn't have electrochromatic fitted, was rear view mirror only. Was a nice surprise when I upgraded and found this out!

If your mirrors don't fold in the first place, you haven't got power fold fitted. You need powerfold mirrors fitted to be able to upgrade by software to have all functionality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.