Mk2 Ride Height

TGC

Reaction score
I have recently acquired a very recently restored 3.8 Mk2 And the ride height is dramatically wrong. It rides too heigh generally but worse is the fact that the n/s rear is approx 37.5mm higher than the o/s rear and the front suspension has a similar but less dramatic problem. The suspension components seem all to be new and it has been suggested to me that the front subframe is twisted. Can anyone offer a diagnosis and/or cure please?

piman

Reaction score
Hello TGC,

if you have a trolley jack, find a flat and reasonably level area and jack the front up in the middle of the front subframe, as accurately central as you can and check the rear height in that situation. This eliminates the front suspension
Personally I would not imagine the front subframe could be twisted to that degree but check the mountings. Another thought is to exchange the two rear springs and see if that changes the difference from side to side?

Alec

TGC

Reaction score
Hello TGC,

if you have a trolley jack, find a flat and reasonably level area and jack the front up in the middle of the front subframe, as accurately central as you can and check the rear height in that situation. This eliminates the front suspension
Personally I would not imagine the front subframe could be twisted to that degree but check the mountings. Another thought is to exchange the two rear springs and see if that changes the difference from side to side?

Alec

Thanks for that Alec. Will check this out as you suggest in the garage next week and will post progress in due course.