Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have just started getting a musty smell from the vents on my 2011 petrol xf,it is there on air con and normal heater use.
any ideas
regards,
john.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hi, there is a cabin pollen filter located behind the glove compartment, very easy to change takes about 5 mins. The chap who re-gassed my con said it is very difficult to get rid of the smell permanently, he said much better to use it all the time and keep it serviced. Phil

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Cheap way out - put the theatre on full, max heat, max blower, and recirc, get out and leave it for 10 minutes. (obviously you need a hot engine first).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys I have just started getting a musty smell from the vents on my 2011 petrol xf,it is there on air con and normal heater use.
any ideas
regards,
john.
I and others have been suffering with this smell from the A/C. http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=80364&highlight=stinky
It is fine in winter months but comes into its own in Summer, mainly after being sat in the Sun for the day. I have changed the pollen filter and used an STP 'bomb' from Halfords but it has not really had much impact. Sure it is not as bad as it was at its height but it is still there and very noticeable. My next step is to try a cleaner you inject into the interior vents such as this - http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=886115

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Clean pollen filter and A/C on AUTO all year round.
The smell ?? it's bacteria that has got in and is breeding, as stated, a "bomb" should help but leave the A/c on all year.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I too had this nasty musty smell, it turns out it only happened when we took the mother-in-law shopping !

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
It is no problem, really. If you hand it out you must be prepared to take it back I always say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also get this smell. I have a 2016 XF R-Sport. Only happens when I put the heating on. When AC is on there's no "musty smell" only other way I can describe it is really bad cheesey feet

·
Premium Member
23,059 Posts
I also get this smell. I have a 2016 XF R-Sport. Only happens when I put the heating on. When AC is on there's no "musty smell" only other way I can describe it is really bad cheesey feet
You may need to change your pollen filter.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
And then use an A/C cleaner like the Simonez one that is currently half price at Tesco. Called cleanse I think £2 with club card.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
It is worth bearing in mind the a/c & climate control in the Jag is recommended to be permanently on 'auto'. The system heats as well as cools and cabin temperature is simply controlled by the up/down temperature buttons on the facia. I would suggest keeping the a/c permanently on in 'auto' mode will help keep the system working properly and any ensure any moisture in the system is expelled beneath the car as it should be and therefore prevent any 'musty' smells.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts