1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Nice one, but isn't it time to put it away for the winter :-?

Roger

·
Premium Member
17,880 Posts
Nice one, lovely ride

Hope you enjoyed the NC500 and Scotland?

Jim

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scotland and North Wales both have fantastic scenery but for different reasons.
The NC500 was a great drive although I did find that a lot of the roads on the West were single track adorned with rented motorhomes :evil: with broken door mirrors travelling at 20mph, or large continental coaches in the middle of the road. The scenery is breathtaking and the main roads, open and flowing.
My favorite parts being the drives up the Bealach na ba pass to Applecross and then the views across to Sky as you continue up toward Cuaig. Then the road from Ullapool up to Durness.
If I was to go again I wouldn't go in the tourist season as the roads would hopefully be quieter.
We did start our journey over on the East coast and we drove the Old Military Road up through Glenshee, Lynemore onto Inverness. That lived up to it's reputation for both scenery and the lovely flowing road that the car could really enjoy.
The scenery in North Wales is craggier, more condensed, where Scotland is over a larger geographical area.
Snowdon is a good run from Betws Y Coed, Capel Curig through to Llanberis, especially out of tourist season.
Some of the main runs around the Bala, Trawsfynydd, Dolgellau areas are both scenic and flowing but again carry a lot of traffic.
I find that off the main links the roads are tighter, twistier unless you go up onto the moors.
Both are beautiful areas, North Wales has everything but in a smaller package, whereas in Scotland everything is on a much bigger scale.
Simple things like finding an ATM, shopping centre or petrol station in the Highlands can be "fun" while you know in North Wales they're never more than a few miles away.

Next trip is already planned for Feb18 up around the Isle of Bute, really looking forward to it.
As for hibernating the car over the winter period, no, no, no!
Those lovely dry cold days, wrap up warm, seat heaters on, roof down and a day out with a pub lunch with a log fire. Can't beat it :-D

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
After much searching I found the photos and I have to say, I am sure she will look good in Slate Grey, shame the photos do not give a good representation of the true colour. Same colour as my STR.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 29762

Neville,
As we've already agreed the slate grey does make our cars look gooood !!
Nick

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Most definitely!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.