Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 351 Posts

·
Administrator
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the XE up to Grange Swindon Jaguar and collected my XF S yesterday. Was all a bit odd as the actual dealership was closed, so had to arrive via the side entrance and then go to a car bay. My car was parked up inside, with a table and chairs next to it so we could sort out the online paperwork.

The XE handover was quite swift, I removed all my personal data from the touch pro (that infotainment is great by the way) and then had a look around the XF. Which looked in great shape, just a minor mark on a couple of alloys which will get sorted when the workers come back off furlough.

Anyway, here's some pictures of the new car, it definitely takes a bit of getting used driving the diesel way as it was great sending the petrol XE over 6k rpm.

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Nice Ian. Hope you get as much enjoyment from the “F” as you did the “E”.:cool::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Nice Ian, good call, the 3.0d will have plenty of grunt and good economy too, she looks great.

I'm sure you'll improve and make her better, put your stamp on it.

Looking forward to your updates on this car / thread

Jim

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I love mine, it is the second 3.0D that I have owned.

The diesel has a different pick up to the petrol that takes a bit of getting used to, but once you have adapted the extra torque makes it really good fun.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,059 Posts
It's got a place for your sunglasses!

Countdown till Jim starts badgering you to get a remap 5 .. 4 .. 3 ..

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
It's got a place for your sunglasses!

Lol, or perhaps until MacChrisDoc advises you of the benefits of using "Eastern Europeans" or better still refraining from washing altogether

That said a remap would be good, although really quite quick as is to be fair

Jim

·
Administrator
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today I fitted the new luxury mats, illuminated tread plates and the aluminium paddles are sorted too. Awaiting on a couple more parts for the black pack before I get round to sorting that for fitting.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I remapped my 2.2D X-Type and although it was better for a short time, I ultimately regretted it. Jaguar spend millions on getting the engines to run smoothly under all conditions.

If you want the S performance, it is better to buy an S spec model.

·
Administrator
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2020 Seat Ateca 2.0T FR 4Drive
667 Posts
You can add me to that camp too! It just makes the car so much more amazing!

Reactions: Paul in NE

·
Administrator
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gave the brakes a bit of a clean up front and rear and changed a couple of parts, the brake retainer clips and the red cover plates as there were both looking a bit worse for wear. The cover plates were £20 each for the fronts (T4N16179) which included new t20 torx screws which I thought weren't bad.

I think they look much better now.

·
Administrator
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Calipers look really good Ian, but I think you will soon need new discs.
Yeah I think you might be right there, they aren't lipped but they don't look in the best of condition.

Apologies Steve I hit dislike by mistake, so have all 3!

·
Premium Member
6,398 Posts
Cracking car Ian :grin:

Not had it 2 minutes and already adding your personal touches to it, can't fault you.

Come the next Gaydon I'll be having a right butchers and sitting in it if you'll let me.

Wasted no time in fitting illuminated treadplates unlike one I could mention ;)

Looking forward to reading and seeing more,

Rich

·
Administrator
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cracking car Ian :grin:

Not had it 2 minutes and already adding your personal touches to it, can't fault you.

Come the next Gaydon I'll be having a right butchers and sitting in it if you'll let me.

Wasted no time in fitting illuminated treadplates unlike one I could mention ;)

Looking forward to reading and seeing more,

Rich
Thanks! You're more than welcome to have a sit in and look around inside Rich.

I'm still waiting on black pack parts, I'll no doubt be fitting a part of it every so often as it's quite labour intensive to fit all at once.

Then I'll get the boot carpet to match the carpet mats and I'll be set for a while then. Next task is to clean out the engine bay as it isn't 100% but it gives me something to do.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,059 Posts
1 - 20 of 351 Posts