Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post ,so I hope its in right place.

My problem is that , when I goes to 40 mph and above the turbo wasn't kicking is as it should, there is no black smoke and engine lights shows any fault. So I don't have any ideas what's wrong, so does its Turbo problem or EGR Valve problem.
Can you please help me to find the problem. ?

Many Thanks

smn

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi smn, welcome to the forum.
Sounds like the dreaded EGR pipe has a split in it or the turbo actuator arm is stuck.
What mileage has the car done as it could also be the EGR.
There are plenty of threads on here covering this topic.
Please update your signature via the link below and tick the Show Signature box for future reference.

Roger

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
I've recently bought myself a 58 plate 60k x type 2.0d and I know what you are saying as you are exactly where I was 3 weeks ago. However after reading around this great information source, I went out and acquired a silicone intercooler hose, some egr cleaner, a blanking plate and a bottle of forte turbo cleaner. Spent an afternoon with the spanners and some rubber gloves and was surprised to see how much restriction there was in the EGR valve. Intercooler pipe was ok but I changed it anyway. Got shot of all that carbon build-up in the EGR valve, filled up with Synergy+ and poured the forte into the tank. Some enthusiastic driving and 300 miles later, has seen the car become much more responsive to the point that I now get a pushback into the seat when I put the throttle down and my mpg has got better as well.

Give it a go..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.