Navigation won't initialize

slyder

Reaction score
When I start my car the infotainment system screen indicates that the navigation system is initializing when I select the lower right navigation button. However, it does not initialize and I have no navigation. Most times, if I get out of the car and turn it off and then restart it after 20-30 minutes, then the navigation works. But no matter how long I drive the car under the initial start, the nav system will not initialize.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Dennis

jaguarlover1116

Reaction score
I haven't had the problem, but I would suggest trying to disconnect the battery for a while and reconnecting it (may need to reset the radio code). Also, maybe remove the disk and clean it with a soft cloth, then reinstall the disk. Check that the connector to the disk unit is seated securely and that no wiring looks to be damaged. Good luck.

Myself, I'd like to have an updated disk for North America. My car is a 2005 and I think the data for the navigation disk dates back to 1999, so it's quite old now. I saw where I can order an update for $200 but it uses data from 2012. Newer than what I've got but still getting on a bit. I'm holding out for a newer update.

MrKis

Reaction score
Myself, I'd like to have an updated disk for North America. My car is a 2005 and I think the data for the navigation disk dates back to 1999, so it's quite old now. I saw where I can order an update for $200 but it uses data from 2012. Newer than what I've got but still getting on a bit. I'm holding out for a newer update.
2012 is the last update for the S type / X type/ XJ system.

slyder

Reaction score
I haven't had the problem, but I would suggest trying to disconnect the battery for a while and reconnecting it (may need to reset the radio code). Also, maybe remove the disk and clean it with a soft cloth, then reinstall the disk. Check that the connector to the disk unit is seated securely and that no wiring looks to be damaged. Good luck.

Disconnecting the battery for a time and reconnecting it for a "reset" is easy, but I was unaware that the navigation relied on a disc. This may be a stupid question but where is the disc located?
Thanks,
Dennis

Jimbov8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
In the boot you should find a disc player, it goes in there.

Cas

Reaction score
HI, I believe the F-Type Nav system is similar to the one in the later XFs and does not use a disc but instead has the maps loaded directly to the Hard Disk Drive within the unit. To update them you need to buy a USB drive the comes pre-loaded with the maps and is programmed to the VIN number of your car via an activation code - I got my local Jaguar dealer to update mine 2 years ago for which they charged £168.00. Hope this helps Cas