Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to replace the full screen Nav for a double DIN unit and would like to know if there are more parts I need other than the ones below.

This is what I have:

This is what I want (sort of):

I think I need the following parts to make the change:

Is this all I need (apart from time ;) )? Or do I need something else to complete the change? I have been talking to a breaker who claims I need an additional module (box in the passenger footwell) to get the airco module working

Hope you can help me out here!

Greetz,

Sjonnie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the electrical diagram/schematics for the Aircon unit but can't really find out if I only need the control module or need an additional module :?

Anyone knowledgeable and willing to help?

Greetz,

Sjonnie

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
As far as I know, the RCM is required if you upgrade from standard A/C controls to the touch screen, so you should already have one, which probably isn't needed when downgrading to the type you want to fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tx for your reply! :)

So if I understand you correctly: I would only need a new control module; find the plug from the Air Conditioning Control Module and connect that to the new control module?

Looking forward to your reply.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
As far as I understand, yes, that is correct.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Billy,

Much appreciated! I will take the plunge and get me a new (basic) Aircon module.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can't advise on the air con bit but have recently put a double din into my 58 plate. The mounting depth is critical here and had to go for a mechless double din unit. The first one I had ( Kenwood DDX9716BTS)wouldn't allow me to secure it as it stuck out so far. The current unit is a Kenwood DMX7017DABS with Android auto ( which is fab ) and dab. Even though the mounting depth is shorter, the screws at the bottom need replacing with longer ones as the std screws are too short..
White Car Satellite radio Plant Vehicle
Car Plant Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport

Attachments

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
If you have a heated front screen, you need this panel.
The one posted previously does not have heated front screen button.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heres some info its a big read he went tp double din then went back to sat/nav adding android

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/...touchscreen-vs-my-doubledin-lots-info-102632/
You need the non sat nav climate control centre console unit that goes above the audio/phone unit (as in your last pic), the ccm is part of that.
OK, Tx guys! So I surely need the unit in the footwell. Thankfully the breaker didn't ask to high a price so it is not worth taking a chance to buy only the centre console unit.

I think I have my shopping list ready then. I will let you know how this little project will play out :)

Greetz,

Sjonnie

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
OK, Tx guys! So I surely need the unit in the footwell. Thankfully the breaker didn't ask to high a price so it is not worth taking a chance to buy only the centre console unit.

I think I have my shopping list ready then. I will let you know how this little project will play out :)

Greetz,

Sjonnie
errrrrrr, no you absolutely don't need the module in the RH footwell, this is the RCCM (Remote Climate Control Module) for the sat nav, if you remove the sat nav set up then the centre console climate display module contains the CCM (Climate Control Module) that you will need.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Oops! Got to Read more closely (and study the English language a lot more).

Tx for preventing me buy too much parts from the breaker.👍

Greetz,
Sjonnie

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Shame you're not in the UK we could have done a deal on the parts you need! I want to fit an oem screen to mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shame you're not in the UK we could have done a deal on the parts you need! I want to fit an oem screen to mine.
I am trying to source the necessary parts here in The Netherlands. If that shouldn't work as planned we could always try to strike a deal ;)

If I do find the parts I need I would have a spare OEM screen and Nav unit for you to fit in your car. I am sure we can come to an arrangement :)

Greetz,

Sjonnie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Sean,

Well, I have sourced the CCM so the project is on. After I have finished I will be left with a full screen navi screen, the DVD player and aforementioned module in the foot-well. Selling it to you would be an option. Make me an offer I can't refuse :mrgreen: Shipping to the UK is only around € 20,- ;-)

Greetz,

Sjonnie

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.