Jaguar Forum banner
2921 - 2940 of 3093 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Growing up with 4 competitive sisters and having 3 daughters and 1 son with sporting interests, I can appreciate what it takes for them to be accepted by the male counterparts.
The most noticeable difference I have found is the praise and support they give to opponents regardless of gender. Sadly many males offer little in the way of support or ego boost.

When my son (the youngest) was 10yrs old he became the UK National Junior Karate Champion. The tournament was held in Middleborough, my 3 (then teenage ) daughters travelled overnight from our home in B'mth to be there for his presentation. Unfortunately he never seemed to feel the passion or joy in their achievements, more focused on his own stuff, might just be the youngest child thing dunno!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Not sure to whom that is aimed but for sure it's aimed at someone on here otherwise there's little point in the post.

Now let's be honest to ourselves here gents. Men's football is streaks ahead of the standard of women's and that will forever remain so.

It's not compulsory, as far as I'm aware, to support, enjoy and feel gleeful about the fairer sex playing what is essentially, and historically, a man's game. We all have a choice as to what elements of sport we support and enjoy.

Political correctness has a tendency to lead us up blind allies but ultimately we all have an opinion and it is everyone's individual choice to not comply with the often all engulfing herd instinct, as indeed it is the choice of the herd to acquiese.
Perhaps it's more to do with the competitive value than the style and expertise. There are lots of sports I find of little interest but can still grab my attention when one of our own is going head to head with higher rated opponents.

Germany have dominated this tournament from the year dot and never lost a Final ...
Enter England Woman, unbeaten since 2019
22 Goals scored 2 conceded
Highest scorer
Player of the final
Player of the Tournament
Best goal scored

It might not be men's footballing standard but it's a massive sporting achievement with many training after work.
Lets face it if we want England football glory this is the only way we are going to get it. The chances of England men bringing anything home is between zilch and 0.
17.5m viewers and the biggest 90m crowd ever, showed that we were long overdue and desperate to see a winning football final team wearing England shirts.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
After nearly 60yrs Southgate is unsure if we can actualy win a major 🙄

Enter Sarina Wiegman " here hold my jacket " 😂

• Haha
Reactions: PetA

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
So 7 years after selling my cask brewing equipment because of our return home. I have decided to do some smaller batch bottled brews, in readiness for our end of season, European top six qualifying celebrations.
First experiment off the rank,,,,,,,,,
Diego Draught
Drinkware Beer Tableware Beer glass Barware

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
So 7 years after selling my cask brewing equipment because of our return home. I have decided to do some smaller batch bottled brews, in readiness for our end of season, European top six qualifying celebrations.
First experiment off the rank,,,,,,,,,
Diego Draught View attachment 54099
That looks almost good enough to drink Poundy!
Shame about the branded glass though, lowers one's expectations somewhat.
🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Ian D and Poundy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

Short-sighted move I would say for your Carney Chukawhatsname, he'll be on more wages but won't get near their first team so he's likely to be loaned out. Would have stood a better chance of proper (sic) football by staying at Villa but money talks I guess. His greedy agent will have succeeded in pocketing a fair packet too. But then he didn't want to stay so .... 🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,928 ·
Perhaps it's more to do with the competitive value than the style and expertise. There are lots of sports I find of little interest but can still grab my attention when one of our own is going head to head with higher rated opponents.

Germany have dominated this tournament from the year dot and never lost a Final ...
Enter England Woman, unbeaten since 2019
22 Goals scored 2 conceded
Highest scorer
Player of the final
Player of the Tournament
Best goal scored

It might not be men's footballing standard but it's a massive sporting achievement with many training after work.
Lets face it if we want England football glory this is the only way we are going to get it. The chances of England men bringing anything home is between zilch and 0.
17.5m viewers and the biggest 90m crowd ever, showed that we were long overdue and desperate to see a winning football final team wearing England shirts.
In comparison the England 2020 euro final was watched by almost 30m. Some way to go but at least people are tuning in to watch the women’s game and giving it a chance.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

Short-sighted move I would say for your Carney Chukawhatsname, he'll be on more wages but won't get near their first team so he's likely to be loaned out. Would have stood a better chance of proper (sic) football by staying at Villa but money talks I guess. His greedy agent will have succeeded in pocketing a fair packet too. But then he didn't want to stay so .... 🤷‍♂️
18 year olds trying to hold the club to ransom was never going to work under present owners. £20m with add ons, with only a year left was great business for us. I think he has shot himself in the foot, but time will tell.

·
Administrator
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,930 ·
If WBA had a ladies team, would they be the handbaggies?
It’s not if, we do have a women’s team. They’re in the national league north.

Reactions: NM_OLDER

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Great news for us Cameron Archer has signed a new 5year contract and will now be competing with Watkins & Ings for top slot.
Probably one of the most exciting players to have come through the Villa Academy. I'm sure there will be a Grealish type mega money buy out clause somewhere in the contract :D

Forehead Nose Face Chin Eyebrow

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Palace kicking off the new PL season in just over an hour.

Apparently the Arse--- are still livid about being thrashed 3-0 last year and want revenge. I must say that their squad looks much improved but hey ... whilst they have Jesus on their side let's hope we have God* on ours!! 🙏

(*Whatever or whoever you perceive him/her to be)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Great news for us Cameron Archer has signed a new 5year contract and will now be competing with Watkins & Ings for top slot.
Probably one of the most exciting players to have come through the Villa Academy. I'm sure there will be a Grealish type mega money buy out clause somewhere in the contract :D

View attachment 54269
He'll certainly help keep your average age down ;).

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Palace kicking off the new PL season in just over an hour.

Apparently the Arse--- are still livid about being thrashed 3-0 last year and want revenge. I must say that their squad looks much improved but hey ... whilst they have Jesus on their side let's hope we have God* on ours!! 🙏

(*Whatever or whoever you perceive him/her to be)
I was tinkering with the idea of having a little side bet on Palace to win.
Will Starmer be there for a freebie? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
5,411 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
And if it wasn't already a night to rejoice we have this news hot off the press ... 👏👏👏
Product Sleeve Font Gesture Rectangle

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
And if it wasn't already a night to rejoice we have this news hot off the press ... 👏👏👏
View attachment 54271
That should bring the average age down 😉

I thought you looked decent last night and probably deserved a draw. Perhaps suffering a little from a disjointed pre season.
Like us you need to put the chances created away. Made Ben White look very average though 😃

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I thought you looked decent last night and probably deserved a draw. Perhaps suffering a little from a disjointed pre season.
Like us you need to put the chances created away. Made Ben White look very average though 😃
The boys did well, decent first up. Arsenal are a different side this year. Jesus looks like he's going to be a handful, turning water into wine up front. 🍷

Got caught out in midfield for first 30 minutes before Schlupp paired with Docouré, gave them too much of a start. Andersen outstanding at the back, he was everywhere, even in midfield at times.
😳

Guéhi own goal rather spoiled our come back plans, we were on top by that stage. Our engine room slightly lacking, Eze trying to fill CG's boots and Docouré needing to get up to PL speed. Both Édouard and Eze should have scored.
😠

Ne'er mind, Benteke should free up some big wages so looking for more in before the window closes.
😁

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I thought my laptop was upside down, Birmingham City top of the Championship 🙃
To my knowledge the first time they have been top of anything :D
It would be epic to see them return to the prem, New Street Station on a derby matchday is an event sorely missed in recent years :ROFLMAO:

2921 - 2940 of 3093 Posts