Jaguar Forum banner
3841 - 3860 of 3949 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Argentina upset as the second goal called offside wasnt as the VAR bod put the lines on the wrong player. Germany to sue FIFA in CAS and Bud to sue them for $47mil for the Alcohol ban ...Also seen reports of Qatar questioning why they bothered due to the terrible PR its giving the Country. It appears having football associated with the middle east leaves a bit of a stench.

·
Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
6,032 Posts
It appears having football associated with the middle east leaves a bit of a stench.
Foreign ownership is the norm in the Premier League now for whatever reason it just is. Interesting that both United and Liverpool are for sale and I wonder how much of that is due to the failure to get a European Super League up and running? I think the US investors are/were aiming to replicate the NFL model across Europe. I think the middle Eastern investors have a different outlook and are taking a world view and if that includes trying to boost their image then so be it. As an interesting aside it was still illegal to be homosexual in 1966 when the World Cup was held in England, I wasn't old enough to have taken an interest in the news back then but I don't think the UK was castigated.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Foreign ownership is the norm in the Premier League now for whatever reason it just is. Interesting that both United and Liverpool are for sale and I wonder how much of that is due to the failure to get a European Super League up and running? I think the US investors are/were aiming to replicate the NFL model across Europe. I think the middle Eastern investors have a different outlook and are taking a world view and if that includes trying to boost their image then so be it. As an interesting aside it was still illegal to be homosexual in 1966 when the World Cup was held in England, I wasn't old enough to have taken an interest in the news back then but I don't think the UK was castigated.
wow you really have swallowed the propaganda hand book. Why not comment on the recent public executions. The Middle Eastern Investors are SPORTSWASHING using the Countries sovereign wealth to try and convince people they are not evil or barbaric.
The sooner football finances implode the better.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
wow you really have swallowed the propaganda hand book. Why not comment on the recent public executions. The Middle Eastern Investors are SPORTSWASHING using the Countries sovereign wealth to try and convince people they are not evil or barbaric.
The sooner football finances implode the better.
They're doing a very poor job of convincing the western public they're not barbaric then aren't they? If Qatar weren't hosting the World Cup then there would be much less publicity about the barbarism I would have thought. I don't condone it but our government does despite saying that they don't. Actions have always spoken louder than words are the great and good and 'celebrities' like Mr. Beckham and Mr. Lineker are very good with the words but when it comes down to taking action and refusing the money they're suddenly not quite so good are they. Where are the people highlighting the fact that the immigrant workers in Qatar are only there because they can earn so much more than they could in their own countries working in sweatshops so we can all buy cheap goods? I actually think that the football clubs are being used as pieces in a game between middle eastern state rulers and the clever ones are making money at the same time.

·
Administrator
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,847 ·
As an interesting aside it was still illegal to be homosexual in 1966 when the World Cup was held in England, I wasn't old enough to have taken an interest in the news back then but I don't think the UK was castigated.
The bill had already passed two readings in parliament by Feb 1966, so was pretty much on its way to being law anyway before the World Cup. The act eventually becoming law in 1967.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
some interesting results Spain 7 -0. Germany beaten by Japan too. Dont know if anyone remembers the Danish lady on ITV covering the Denmark game she learned whilst on air her mother had been killed by a truck. Life really knows how to kick some people where it hurts.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
We thoroughly enjoyed the Spain - Costa Rica match; but then we are a tad biased.

• Haha
Reactions: NM_OLDER

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Did someone win?.. 😁
Convincingly!
And a fairly clean game and their accuracy gave Spain strong possession and opportunities which they exploited with a 7-0 victory.
Germany next!

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Convincingly!
And a fairly clean game and their accuracy gave Spain strong possession and opportunities which they exploited with a 7-0 victory.
Germany next!
Not a good time to be a Germany supporter.
Belgium V Canada now and Canada are far better than I would have thought very good infact missing a penalty hasnt helped them

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Not a good time to be a Germany supporter.
Belgium V Canada now and Canada are far better than I would have thought very good infact missing a penalty hasnt helped them
I think Canada were very unlucky to come away with nothing. On that performance I reckon they have a reasonable chance of getting out of the group.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Brazil dont look like Brazil they are not showing much at all but this REF is clearly a fan giving them everything. I think Serbia look really good 0-0 half time

3841 - 3860 of 3949 Posts