Jaguar Forum banner
4481 - 4500 of 4693 Posts

· Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
6,816 Posts
I put it down to me not watching.

... and I'm going to stick to this approach until proven otherwise.
Assume you didn't watch live today then?

Reactions: mac_doctor

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,294 Posts
Assume you didn't watch live today then?
Yup. I am a man of my word!

Edit: Having just checked: 56% possession, 7 shots on goal. I am very happy with this - I would trade 2% possession for a shot on goal any game.

· Registered
3,338 Posts
Saints were unlucky with the VAR call really, otherwise they’d have got a point yesterday.
Unlucky because they were offside or unlucky because they committed a foul in the box? You need to get to Specsavers 🤓

Maybe it was just luck that we had twice as much possession, twice as many shots and committed half as many fouls. If we had a Rashford it would have been 4-0 to us😊

· Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Both come a long way in a year, very entertaining football, not sure who I wanted to lose 😄
I had the same dilemma - normally of course I would have wanted Arsenal to win but given how far they are ahead of City I'd have preferred Untied to win. I was really hoping for a draw and then City close the gap, Untied fall further behind and at 2-2 it looked like that's s how it would pan out...... Much as it pains me to say it Arsenal are doing a great job so far but we're only half way through the season.

· Administrator
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,486 ·
I had the same dilemma - normally of course I would have wanted Arsenal to win but given how far they are ahead of City I'd have preferred Untied to win. I was really hoping for a draw and then City close the gap, Untied fall further behind and at 2-2 it looked like that's s how it would pan out...... Much as it pains me to say it Arsenal are doing a great job so far but we're only half way through the season.
It’s the most points Arsenal have ever had at this stage of the season in their history. They look a great side with some good signings this season too. It’s going to be a close run I reckon.
Nice seeing Wolves lose though as well.

· Premium Member
2,415 Posts
enjoyed the Arsenal game both teams have improved massively from last season whilst the heart has fallen out of my team and City are still to get going. City or Arsenal for the league Arsenal must be odds on now

· Premium Member
6,816 Posts
enjoyed the Arsenal game both teams have improved massively from last season whilst the heart has fallen out of my team and City are still to get going. City or Arsenal for the league Arsenal must be odds on now
Arsenal are indeed now odds on but you can still get 150-1 on Newcastle...... (and 750-1 for Liverpool)

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,294 Posts
You guys need to get over constantly mulling over decisions that go against you
I'm over it - three is enough. It was an honest question: why wasn't it a penalty? I understand that reinterpreting the rules so that City don't score is just one of those things that happen, but I can't quite figure out how the rule was changed here: was Nathan Collins not interfering with play by kicking Grealish?

· Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Reactions: Poundy

· Registered
3,338 Posts
remember when we were told that fouls like that would even themselves out over a season but with VAR they would get it right well guess what VAR mistakes will even themselves out over a season
Must admit I am all in with VAR, they get it right most of the time according to the rule book, (which could probably do with some changes) and like you say swings and roundabouts with the outcomes.
The one thing it adds to the game is the togetherness of the fans, when the outcome pops up on the screen 😄
The negative, the time it takes to make the final call.

· Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Must admit I am all in with VAR, they get it right most of the time according to the rule book, (which could probably do with some changes) and like you say swings and roundabouts with the outcomes.
The one thing it adds to the game is the togetherness of the fans, when the outcome pops up on the screen 😄
The negative, the time it takes to make the final call.
its killed celebrations fans do not know when to celebrate now they celebrate more when the opposition goal is discounted its no better than before we needed better officials now we have ones that rely heavily on VAR to make decisions for them

· Premium Member
25,880 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Mackem159
4481 - 4500 of 4693 Posts