Jaguar Forum banner
4501 - 4520 of 4693 Posts

· Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Everton believe they have a divine right to be a top four Champions league club but they havent won anything for decades. When I was growing up they were the Millionaires club and now with a new stadium almost ready they could be in the Championship. There is a Spanish bloke down the road from me laughing his head off right now.Sean Dyche would be perfect but they seem to think they are better than him.

· Administrator
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,503 ·
Hard to ply your trade without tools, he was doing a top job at Derby. Pity he jumped ship so soon to go to Chelsea, might have eventually led to more suitable options.
With Lampard failing to get that Derby team promoted, the clubs finances unraveled as they went all in and went bust. I think a better manager could have got that Derby team up as they had a good bunch of players, most then left or were sold after Lampard went, to try keep the club afloat.
Lampard is now a prime example that not all great footballers can make good managers.

· Registered
3,338 Posts
With Lampard failing to get that Derby team promoted, the clubs finances unraveled as they went all in and went bust. I think a better manager could have got that Derby team up as they had a good bunch of players, most then left or were sold after Lampard went, to try keep the club afloat.
Lampard is now a prime example that not all great footballers can make good managers.
Sadly for Derby, they came up against the Pride of the Midlands in the promotion final 😄

· Premium Member
25,879 Posts
Exactly, Ian. They should cut their teeth in the lower division clubs first to see how they fare.

Reactions: Ian D

· Registered
2,350 Posts
Agreed. Neither Lampard nor Gerrard can rely upon their names any more. Can't see either getting another PL(um) job, better that they drop a league or two always providing their rather large egos permit!

Vieira's still doing the hard yards and can by no means be considered a success ... yet! It would help if he had a bigger squad to work with mind ... :rolleyes: .

· Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
6,816 Posts
Agreed. Neither Lampard nor Gerrard can rely upon their names any more. Can't see either getting another PL(um) job, better that they drop a league or two always providing their rather large egos permit!

Vieira's still doing the hard yards and can by no means be considered a success ... yet! It would help if he had a bigger squad to work with mind ... :rolleyes: .
It looks like it will be interesting to see how Kompany gets on in the PL with Burnley next season.

· Registered
2,350 Posts

· Registered
3,338 Posts
Par for the course, going all in for promotion, our previous owner did the same and it all went pear shaped until he sold it on.
Fulham, Forest it's the never ending story lol! the chances of surviving in the lower leagues are pretty dismal once the parachute payment run out. Even your lot coming up and going straight back down added some much needed funds, as long as the owner is prepared to use it to advance the project and not as a nice little earner.

· Registered
3,338 Posts
Spend spend spend ...
(I'm only jealous!!)

View attachment 60846
Emery sees him as a player with high potential and will work on how to best use him, over the remainder of the season.

With at least six moving out and freeing up some funds, I expect to see a couple more coming in hopefully Matteo Guendouzi is high on the list.
Looks like we dodged a bullet with Ings, he's out for several weeks with a knee injury.

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,294 Posts
It looks like it will be interesting to see how Kompany gets on in the PL with Burnley next season.
Indeed. I wonder if Mad Vinnie has his eye on Pep's job in a few years time, using his time at Burnley as practise.

· Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
6,816 Posts
Indeed. I wonder if Mad Vinnie has his eye on Pep's job in a few years time, using his time at Burnley as practise.
I'm sure the club is watching his progress with the same idea in mind.

· Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Exactly, Ian. They should cut their teeth in the lower division clubs first to see how they fare.
Kevin(Superkev) Phillips is doing just that with my home town SouthShields in the 7th tier and doing well, promotion is on the cards :)

Nice to see we are above the Baggies again :):):)

· Administrator
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,518 ·
Kevin(Superkev) Phillips is doing just that with my home town SouthShields in the 7th tier and doing well, promotion is on the cards :)

Nice to see we are above the Baggies again :):):)
I used to love watching Kevin Phillips play, nice that he’s gone into management. Glad you beat Boro, did the top 10 a favour there by keeping it all pretty close.

· Premium Member
25,879 Posts
Reactions: Ian D and Mackem159
4501 - 4520 of 4693 Posts