Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A set of 245/40/20 SportMaxx GT (J) went on earlier in the week, as the inner edge had gone a bit too far... ...canvas showing!

Pennies being saved for 275/35/20 rears, which at 3mm, have fallen off a cliff, gripwise (in true SportMaxx fashion).

Stucj with SportMaxx for now, as was factory fit, and want to get the car as it left factory before experimenting.

· Premium Member
275 Posts
I would stick with the sportmaxx. I replaced them on my old 2010 and they never gave any trouble.I have spent 8 months in a T6 s90 Volvo with pirelli 20s which drove me nuts with road noise.it led to me heading back to the xj for some piece and quiet.The sportmaxx wear but no worse than other high performance tyres

· Registered
30 Posts
I would stick with the sportmaxx. I replaced them on my old 2010 and they never gave any trouble.I have spent 8 months in a T6 s90 Volvo with pirelli 20s which drove me nuts with road noise.it led to me heading back to the xj for some piece and quiet.The sportmaxx wear but no worse than other high performance tyres
What sort of mileage are people getting from tyres?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.