Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My first Jag, something of a snap decision when the trusty hack was written off by a drugged up cyclist entering the car via the windscreen a few weeks ago.

Always been impressed by the latest in the big cat line up and when a decent deal was presented, took the plunge and bought a 2016 model year X260 XF Prestige 2.0 soot chucker in Black.

Really pleased so far, mpg is respectable (better than the previous vehicle), enough toys for me (it has the 10 way electric seat option and the managed to get the dealer to fit a proper spare wheel rather than a tank of snot and toy compressor) and appears well screwed together. Even the optional 'auto box for the infirm' appears to be something I can live with.

I have something of a background in cars (and know a number of ex-colleges/friends at Jag in Coventry, plus studied many of the derivations of ECU setup used) so hopefully I can bring some wisdom with me.

Mark

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum

Roger

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Hi Mark,
Welcome to Jaguar ownership, the website and forum.
I have owned my 04 X350 since last November and it's brilliant.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful and some of the usernames here ( like TeapotTony and PigletJohn ) make me smile.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
3,649 Posts
Hello & welcome

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr dbug, I trust you are well!

Well the Jag is certainly working well......the dealer on the other hand has failed me!

After 2 and a half weeks its come up with the service countdown despite the agreement being it would be fully serviced prior to collection

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark, great to have you with us.

Seems you'll be heading back to the dealers and an explanation.

Hopefully it'll be somat and nowt, but an explanation is required all the same.

Rich

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome Mark,

Think this just proves ALL dealers are the same!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The parent company is one I always swore I would never deal with, trouble is, they had the best cars!

Called at 8.00am.....was promised a call back but, nothing as of yet......I will give them until 3.00pm.....

·
Premium Member
17,795 Posts
Welcome aboard Mark, good to have you with us

Jim

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Having got fed up of waiting for the local Jag dealer to get off their arse and sort out the service on my new stead, that they were supposed to do before supply, I called in......

....booked in for Wednesday but, it really shouldn't be this hard!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car is great, can't fault it, economical, enough power when needed and drives so much better after the gearbox learnt values have been reset.

Its comfortable and does not have the Harshness of its Bavarian equivalent but, I need to find myself a better dealer!

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
3,649 Posts
Don't know who you bought from, Sturgess in Leicester seem to be favoured by quite a few.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.